cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
monahana
Occasional Member - Level 3

NextGen Implementation

Hi, we are planning to roll out the new Expense UI in October.  I was wondering if anyone who went through the implementation would share their communications and training plans.  Thank you.

2 Solutions
Solution
Camila_Munoz
Occasional Member - Level 2

We went live on July 1st University wide.

We branded the new interface as "Concur's New Look." This helped us sway the perception that it is just a cosemetic/visual update - nothing "new". We also posted links to the "Why this New UI is Important" Concur video in our Company notes and internal communication. We explained that we need to be comprehensive to people of all abilities and point out the pros. We encourage them to contact us for help and give any suggestions. We choose July 1st because it is the begining of our fiscal year and it is not ideal to introduce change during the academic year.

I also created slides with links to guides and videos. I presented the NextGen Slides to training for Early Adoption (people could sign up to switch early before the hard switch). We went over creating a mock report with common topics. We host #FinancialFridays every Friday and answer questions regarding any business process and best practices.

I can share the material if anyone is interested.

View solution in original post

Solution
monahana

Hi Camila,

Thank you for your reply, this is very helpful.  We just started to create knowledge based articles and training materials.  I'd love to see your material.  My e-mail address is monahana@cdmsmith.com . Thanks again!

View solution in original post

91 REPLIES 91
bencleaver79
Occasional Member - Level 1

Sorry forgot to include my email address. It is ben.cleaver@newsunshinellc.com

Kofi

Hi There,

I know this is an old query, but was hoping if someone could share the rollout materials with me?  My email address is as follows: kofi.ofosu@kpmg.co.uk. Thank you!

Regards

Kofi

sullivanjc
Occasional Member - Level 1

Is there any way to go back to the old UI?  The old interface displayed all the expenses for a report on the left side of the screen and the expense being worked on the right side of the screen.  The new interface abandons this replacing the whole screen with the expense being worked on once it's selected.  It's slow, wastes screen space,  hides things that don't need to be hidden until I click on them, and is profoundly annoying when trying to keep track of what remains to be done while working the report.  It is taking me at least twice as long to go through and do my expense report.  Who thought this was an improvement?

c1sleigh

@Camila_Munoz - I know it has been a long time since you first shared your roll out material.  But would you mind sharing them with me?  My email address is c1sleigh@aol.com

Thanks!

TroySadler

@Camila_Munoz could you send materials to email: troy.sadler@trintech.com appreciate it! 👍

lwinston
New Member - Level 2

@cmunoz @Camila_Munoz  As asked by many other peers, can you also share your material with me.  We have not yet but will be implementation very soon .  I am very interested in seeing it.  Thank you kindly. 

Email is lwinston@radiuspharm.com

BStrait
Super User
Super User

Our approach was almost exactly the same as what Camila had stated above. That said, I wanted to pass along a few things that we learned outside of the rollout. 

1.) Preview for Individuals actually caused more problems - While the preview was tremendously helpful to a small group of people like our central travel team and myself, because we could toggle back and forth to get comfortable. Employees out in business units actually struggled more when we transitioned them early, as many of the people that they worked with were still in the old UI and this created a negative perception from the outset for those users.

2.) What hasn't changed has become a problem - The approver view has not changed. This means that approvers are having to operate in the old view/function when approving and in a new view when working with their own travel reports. This is not popular and, in fact, difficult to manage. I would encourage you to focus energy with approvers, so they know that they will have 2 views. In a few cases, we have temporarily assigned proxy user access to certain approvers that were struggling with this, so they could open a separate browser and proxy users in one browser while handling the actual approvals in a separate browser. The same sort of holds true for processors, as they too work in two separate views. However, this group is so accustom to navigating through the system that their adjustment has been less.

mrivera

@cmunoz @Camila_Munoz  Can you please share your materials with me as well?  Did you have a standard email to send out to the end users?  Can you please share as well.  We will go October live.  We have the standard edition.  My email address is mrivera@gkelite.com.  Thank you