cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kenrichards
Occasional Member - Level 3

Next Gen UI - Multi-select checkbox targets size

Had a user complaint about the size of the select target for the checkboxes in the list of expenses in the Expense Report. In order to select the checkbox you have to hit exactly within the box. Even a pixel or so outside, will open the item rather than check the box. You can see from the screen grab where the cursor changes.

Clicking outside the box will simply open the expense instead of selecting the box and the user has to cancel to return to the list. It's mainly a problem if the user is on a small screen, clicking boxes in a hurry, using touch instead of a mouse, or using smaller pointing devices like keyboard nubs.

Is it possible to make the target for selecting the box larger, maybe to encompass the cell rather than just the checkbox?

Thank you!

Ken Richards

kenrichards_0-1666892837507.png

3 REPLIES 3
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kenrichards We have a program for providing product suggestions. You can read about it here: https://community.concur.com/t5/Concur-Expense/Feedback-on-NextGen-Expense-UI/m-p/36795

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
kenrichards
Occasional Member - Level 3

Thanks Kevin, I'll take a look. My concern is creating yet another account to access a site to suggest improvements. Probably should either be part of the Community site, or at the very least allow reusing of the ID.

DeanR
Frequent Member - Level 1

An alternative would be to make the area around the checkbox not an active link, so nothing would happen if the user accidentally clicked just outside the box.  I agree this is poor UX design.