Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scottmock
Occasional Member - Level 1

New interface is annoying

I hate entering data more than once.

Suggestions:

1. When attaching a receipt, the image should be fully visible

2. After attaching a receipt, the "Expense Type" dropdown box should NOT delete itself

3. Stop "improving" what already worked. I've worked with automation and technology for 30 years, and all of these new "features" do nothing but anger people. All I want to do is enter the expenses and be done with it. There is NOTHING about the new interface that's better than the old one. The new interface is ANNOYING.

4. By the way, there was absolutely no reason on earth to change the app icon to a SUITCASE. It took me a looooooong time to find the app after the icon changed. CHANGE IT BACK.

None of the changes have helped me accomplish anything any better than I once did. STOP changing things.

3 REPLIES 3
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@scottmock I know that changing something that worked well is a frustrating experience.

However, and not that this will change your mind or make you think differently, I do think it is important to point out that the interface change has a lot more to it than just a new look. We operate in many countries with many different requirements. The platform our Legacy UI was built on didn't have the capability or scalability to keep up with all these different country requirements, so we had to use a new platform that would allow for increased security and accessibility requirements. There are other reasons we moved to the new UI, but what I mentioned was one of the biggest reasons.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
scottmock
Occasional Member - Level 1

@KevinD, you make an acceptable point. But please review suggestions 1 and 2:

1. When attaching a receipt, the image should be fully visible

2. After attaching a receipt, the "Expense Type" dropdown box should NOT delete itself

Neither of the above problems are helpful or useful. People have too much software to cope with in life without navigating the idiosyncrasies of each and every interface permutation. There's absolutely no reason to flush a dropdown box entry after attaching a receipt.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@scottmock As for your points one and two, we do have a process where customers can submit improvement requests. I've pasted a blurb from a different article about this. You can take a look and submit your requests and see what others have submitted. I believe someone has already submitted the request for your first point about the receipt visibility.

As for your Expense Type drop down box should not delete itself, I'm not sure what you are referring to. Is this in the mobile app or on the web version of SAP Concur? Could you provide a screenshot please? 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.