cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kaleb325
Occasional Member - Level 1

New Expense Type not displaying in mobile

I activated the Personal Car Mileage Expense type now that our company has decided to allow our users to submit that expense through concur. It appeared immediately as an option on the website, however, it has been a few hours since and it has not showed up as an option in the mobile app. Does it always take this long or is this an issue I need to submit a ticket for? 

2 REPLIES 2
TriciaW
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@kaleb325 Hello.  I found a Knowledge Base article that outlines the resolution to your issue I believe.

The cause will depend on whether the user not seeing Car Mileage expense types on the SAP Concur mobile app when trying to create an expense outside an expense report or inside an expense report, and if the company uses the legacy Car Configuration or the new Mileage Service. 

When trying to create an expense outside an expense report:

If a user is not seeing Car Mileage expense types on the SAP Concur mobile app when trying to create an expense outside an expense report, this is happening by design. Mileage expenses will not appear if you try to add them by going to + > Create Manual Expense from the Expense page in the application (expenses added this way are called quick expenses/mobile entries). Mileage expenses need a route to be created and since the quick expense form only contains a basic set of fields, car mileage expenses cannot be added this way.

In order to create a Car Mileage expense type you will need to do so at the report level by following the steps below:

1. In the app, tap Expense at the bottom of the page
  2. Tap the + icon near the bottom right > Create New Report
  3. Enter the required info (Report Name, Date, etc.)
  4. Tap Create
  5. Tap the +
  6. Tap Add New Expense
  7. Search and select the Car Mileage expense type from the list
When trying to create an expense inside an expense report (company uses the legacy Car Configuration😞

If users see the page Personal Car and/or Company Car in the Profile Settings, your company is using the legacy Car Configuration. If users don't see one of these pages, and see Vehicle Configuration instead, your company is using the new Mileage Service, so please refer to the section after this one.

If the user is not able to see Car Mileage expense types inside an expense report, and your company is using the legacy Car Configuration, it's most likely because the user's group is assigned to a Variable Rates Car Configuration. This means that users must register a personal car or company car to be able to create a Personal Car Mileage or Company Car Mileage entry.

On the web version, the Car Mileage expense types are visible for users who haven't registered a car yet, but when clicking on it, they will receive the error message "You must register a personal/company vehicle in your profile before you can create a personal/company car mileage expense".

On the mobile app, due to a limitation, the Car Mileage expense types are not visible for users who haven't registered a car yet. To be able to see and use these expense types on the mobile app, users must first register a personal or company car on the web version, by following the steps below:
  1. Log in your account on the web version of SAP Concur
  2. Click on your initials or profile icon in the upper right corner > Profile Settings > Personal Car or Company Car
  3. Click New
  4. Fill out the required fields
  5. Click Save

If you followed the instructions applicable to your scenarion and are still not seeing the Car Mileage expense types, please  have your Concur Admin open a case with SAP Concur Support.  Provide the following information: 

• Login ID of the user experiencing the issue
  • Model of the mobile device being used
  • Version of the SAP Concur mobile app being used
  • Steps the user did to try to add the expense

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Tricia Whipps
SAP Concur Select Care Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
NTS
Super User
Super User

Hi!

Have you select "Show on mobile"?

NTS_1-1716366769958.png

Regards