cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
apnoto
New Member - Level 1

Negative balance on corporate card - flag an expense to not charge card?

I have a negative balance on my corporate card.  Each time I submit an expense, the negative balance gets larger.  Is there a way to flag an expense, so that it does not charge my card increasing the negative balance on the card?

3 REPLIES 3
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@apnoto I am not understanding what the issue is? Are you viewing the statement online through the card issuer's website and that is where you see the negative balance? 

Usually when you see a negative amount on a card statement, it is either for something you were credited or it indicates a payment made to the account.

When you submit an expense on a report for your corporate card charges, it is to tell your company how much is owed to your corporate card so the appropriate payment can be made to the card. 

I'l await your reply as to where you are seeing a negative balance.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
apnoto
New Member - Level 1

@KevinD the negative balance is on the card issuers website, not in Concur.  I understand how the expenses work with the card, thanks.  I'm asking if there is a way to submit an expense in Concur, but not make a payment to the card.  Is that possible?  If not, I understand and that's fine.  I'm inquiring if it's possible.  Thanks.   

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@apnoto okay, the way you worded it wasn't super clear to me. 

Card transactions can be marked as personal by using the Personal Expense (do not reimburse) checkbox. You should see the checkbox as an option on pretty much all expenses, unless your company has turned this checkbox off. When you use this checkbox, you are essentially telling the system you will be making payment to the card company. However, some companies are set up where they will pay the entire card statement upfront to avoid possible late fees. For those companies, the employee would pay back their company.

Anyway, long story short...the answer is yes. If the expense on your corp card is a personal expense, you would use the checkbox I've mentioned. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.