cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SharronL
Routine Member - Level 1

Negative Values for an Expense type

Is there any way to set up an expense type  that allows a negative value?

We have paid some cash expenses that have now been deemed as personal and so the user needs to pay this back to the company.  It seems to best way to do this within Concur would be to have an expense type that allows a negative value.

(similar to the Private Use of Company Cars expense type which allows a credit, which is then offset against the total claim)

We have tried ticking a claim line item as Personal Expense but all this does is creates a NIL value line item.

Has anyone had this problem or maybe have some suggestions?

2 Solutions
Solution
SharronL
Routine Member - Level 1

Thank you so much.  I had opened a case (17576743) and the support operative didn't advise us of this and had escalated but I have now tested and works perfectly.   Thank You!

View solution in original post

Solution
davluna
Occasional Member - Level 2

Hello, does anyone know if this will also work with an expense marked as "Out of Pocket Reimbursement" as the payment method? There is no card charge to mark as personal expense but I need to have an amount deducted. If it matters, the employee will have some other reimbursements so it should still net to the employee receiving money back. Just trying to make sure I handle the expense correctly.

Currently, I had the employee use OOP as payment method and I have it marked as a Personal Expense but I fear it will net to zero if we keep it that way.

Any advice is appreciated.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Munari_alEXPert
Super User
Super User

dear @SharronL 

you should be able to enter any type of expenses with a negative cash amount, but you do not need to select a box of personal expense, as the system will understand automatically that that negative cash amount need to be taken out of other cash amount. This system can ONLY works if you have at least the same value or more of CASH amount to be paid from the negative amount. 

Kind Regards

Alessandro Munari
Solution
SharronL
Routine Member - Level 1

Thank you so much.  I had opened a case (17576743) and the support operative didn't advise us of this and had escalated but I have now tested and works perfectly.   Thank You!

Solution
davluna
Occasional Member - Level 2

Hello, does anyone know if this will also work with an expense marked as "Out of Pocket Reimbursement" as the payment method? There is no card charge to mark as personal expense but I need to have an amount deducted. If it matters, the employee will have some other reimbursements so it should still net to the employee receiving money back. Just trying to make sure I handle the expense correctly.

Currently, I had the employee use OOP as payment method and I have it marked as a Personal Expense but I fear it will net to zero if we keep it that way.

Any advice is appreciated.