cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrNimbus
Occasional Member - Level 1

Need reimbursement for personal charge

• I accidentally made a personal purchase with my corp card.
  • In the associated Concur expense report, I listed the charge as such, and that amount was taken out of my paycheck.
  • I returned the purchase, and the charge amount was credited back to my corporate card.

Now I have a credit on my corporate card that cannot be reconciled in Concur. How do I use Concur to get the credited money reimbursed to me?

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MrNimbus I feel I need to clarify something here...it is not up to SAP Concur, it is up to your company. Your company owes you money since they deducted the amount from your paycheck. SAP Concur is just a system to submit expenses, we do not have anything to do with paycheck deductions or reimbursing for a paycheck deduction. 

Did you happen to see a card transaction come in with a negative amount or an amount in parentheses that was the amount of the purchase? 

The fact that your paycheck was deducted means your company pays the statement up front and covers all charges on the card. So, your company takes money from your paycheck to cover personal charges. Looks like payment was made prior to the return of the item being processed, hence a credit. 

Anyway, I would suggest speaking to those at your company who issue company cards and let them know the situation. Your company will be the one who needs to reimburse you. They should tell you what the process is for this type of situation. They may end up telling you to submit an out of pocket expense for the amount. I don't know, I'm speculating here as companies do things differently in these types of scenarios. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
rjdmaster
Occasional Member - Level 2

Depending on your company policy and card provider, your company credit card administrator may be able to request a balance adjustment with the card provider whereby the card provider issues a check in the amount of the credit.

MrNimbus
Occasional Member - Level 1

Thanks for responding. Unfortunately, the credit card company says they cannot do a thing about it. It's up to Concur.

Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MrNimbus I feel I need to clarify something here...it is not up to SAP Concur, it is up to your company. Your company owes you money since they deducted the amount from your paycheck. SAP Concur is just a system to submit expenses, we do not have anything to do with paycheck deductions or reimbursing for a paycheck deduction. 

Did you happen to see a card transaction come in with a negative amount or an amount in parentheses that was the amount of the purchase? 

The fact that your paycheck was deducted means your company pays the statement up front and covers all charges on the card. So, your company takes money from your paycheck to cover personal charges. Looks like payment was made prior to the return of the item being processed, hence a credit. 

Anyway, I would suggest speaking to those at your company who issue company cards and let them know the situation. Your company will be the one who needs to reimburse you. They should tell you what the process is for this type of situation. They may end up telling you to submit an out of pocket expense for the amount. I don't know, I'm speculating here as companies do things differently in these types of scenarios. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.