cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlSeguna
Occasional Member - Level 1

My expenses reimbursed on my bank account instead of company credit card

Hello everybody,

I made a mistake: I claimed a reimbursement, but didn't link it with my credit card expenses.

So it was reimbursed on my private bank account.

I looked to a contact to write or to a section to open a ticket but I didn't find anything.

How can I contact someone, reimburse the amount and close the claim on the credit card?

Thanks for any help

10 REPLIES 10
Munari_alEXPert
Super User
Super User

dear @AlSeguna 

in here we do not have access to your system or details about your company. However, if it wasn't possible to contact the Company Credit card administrator, in your case, I would include the next time you are doing your expenses the credit card transaction now outstanding, but selecting the box "Personal Expense do Not reimburse" eventually adding a comment on the specific available field, saying it got already accidentally reimbursed as cash on your previous expense report.

In order that this works, you should have enough cash on your expense report which is equal or higher than the amount of the credit card you will select as personal. If this wasn't the case, there are other ways, however this it would be the easiest. Let me know. 

Kind Regards

Alessandro Munari
AlSeguna
Occasional Member - Level 1

Dear Alessandro M.

I reimbursed the amount, but I received some instructions that were not very clear to me and for which I asked some clarifications, No reply till now.

The instruction were:

Dear Alessandro,

You have wrongly submitted the report as out of pocket.

When you swipe your card for business use, you cannot submit the expense as out of pocket. You will need to submit the Card transaction in concur.

Since you have submitted the transaction as out of pocket you will now need to submit this card transaction as a personal expense and return the money back to GE.

(ADMIN NOTE: I have removed the below instructions which are specific to this client and contain confidential information.) 

Munari_alEXPert
Super User
Super User

dear @AlSeguna ,

every company has their own way and probably the setting within your organization for payment are not completely automatized considering they are asking a few manual steps for a probably common human error (yours) which can happen all the time. Please follow those given "painful" instructions as I don't have real visibility of your system.

I assume your company have AMEX Corporate cards, which are not always accepted by merchants in Europe (around and less than 70%) where you probably are based. My suggestion to avoid this is to mark any receipt which you paid with Corporate credit card with something that you recognize after days/weeks, so you are not going to incur this.

Kind Regards

Alessandro Munari
abhijit
Occasional Member - Level 3

Hi,

Please contact your system admin or T&E/Finance team.

This forum is for Concur admin-related questions and not for employee support.

Regards

Abhijit Kar

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@abhijit actually this specific Concur Expense forum can be used for end-user questions. Under Groups there is the User Admin Group, which should be used just for Admin type questions/issues. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
DeanR
Frequent Member - Level 1

@KevinD I know this specific forum is available for end-user questions but I find it strange that any end-user would sign up and post here without first going through their company's Concur administrator(s).  This seems to happen a lot though and I'm wondering how the users even find this forum.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@DeanR When a user logs into SAP Concur, there is the Help in the upper right-hand corner. There is an option in the Help drop down menu that takes them here. That's how they get to the Forum. My role at Concur has now changed and I will be the SAP Concur Community manager. One thing I would like to do is to post something about what types of issues can be answered here on the Forum and which issues should be presented to the person's internal Concur Administrator. For example, we get several posts about credit card transactions not appearing and users not knowing what to do. As you know, no one on this forum can help them specifically since they don't have access to that person's site. I'm happy for any suggestions you might have to make the Forum better, more helpful and more effective. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
DeanR
Frequent Member - Level 1

@KevinD Congratulations on your new role - with all of the valuable responses you've contributed to the Community you were practically managing it already 😀

I agree that having a pinned/sticky post about how/when to use the forum would be a good start for new users and help weed out the increasing number of posts about issues clearly specific to the user's company and circumstances that the Community can't help with. 

I hadn't realised that their was a link to the Community under each user's Help menu as I already had the site bookmarked.  That link  may be confusing to users.  This is not a Community suggestion, but is there a way to customise the Help menu to add internal support links before the Community link?  We have our internal contact details on the Help->Training page but it still relies on users selecting Training in the first place.

Cheers

Dean 

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@DeanR actually my involvement on this Community is what got me this new role. 

I'm not sure if the Help menu can be customized or not. Well, I think it can be because we would have had to add the link to the Community in the drop down, but I'm not sure who can do it. I think it is something Concur would be able to do. I don't think our customers have access to add to the Help menu. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Nancyagfa
Super User
Super User

By your explanation above, it seems that you manually created the lines for the expenses and did not link the corp card charges to those lines.  It also seems that your card is Company paid.  Because of the way you submitted this, it would be paid as a personal reimbursement and not to the card.  I agree with Alessandro's advice to submit on a report as personal with comments referring to the specific report (for audit) and then you would be paying back the company in the manner that is set for this.  Your instructions are also advising the same thing as Alessandro.

Nancy Murray
Agfa