cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chrissy-South
Occasional Member - Level 1

My claim was approved, but I forget to fill in a required field

Hey there,

My claim has been approved and extracted for payment.  I just received a message asking about a required field I forgot to fill in when creating my claim.  I can't edit the claim because it has already been submitted.  Is there a way to answer the required question or do I have to start the process again? 

8 REPLIES 8
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Chrissy-South In the SAP Concur system, if a field is required but you don't fill it out, you wouldn't have been able to even submit the report. The system is designed to block report submission. So, it's possible the fields wasn't designated as required in the system, but your company prefers you fill out the field in question. 

There isn't anything you can do and starting the process over would likely make more work for those reviewing and giving final approval. I think I would just reply to the message you received with the information that should have been entered into the field and see what type of response you get from those that sent the message.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Chrissy-South

Hi Kevin, thank you for responding 🙂   I thought to do that as well but there is no option to respond unless I'm over looking something?

@Chrissy-South how did you receive the message regarding the "required" field? Was it via email or some other way? Was it a message you saw on your actual expense report?

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Chrissy-South

Hi Kevin,  yes it's in the actual expense report under expiations. 

Chrissy-South

Hi Kevin,

Yes the message is in the actual expense report under Exceptions, but there doesn't seem to be an option for me to do anything.  Even though the claim has been approved should I delete and start again?

Thanks,

Chrissy 

@Chrissy-South If it has been approved, then I would do anything unless a person actually reaches out to you. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Chrissy-South

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for responding 🙂   It's been in approved and extracted for payment status for 2 weeks or so... is it normal for it to take this long?  My co workers were reimbursed within 2 weeks of submitting their claim, I submitted my claim on October 19th.

@Chrissy-South Normally, it doesn't take that long, but every company is different. Your manager or someone from the Finance Department might be able to provide better information. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey