cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gallia
Occasional Member - Level 1

Multiple VAT coding on the same receipt - Allocation

Hi, 

I was wondering if someone could help. We have quite a few expenses come through where there are two types of VAT codes to be allocated on one expense/ receipt, mainly 20% and 0% usually for meals. When processing this we have tried allocation but this then doesn't export correctly on our export file. The only way we have managed to get this to work is by sending the claim back to the claimant, itemising the claim and then resubmitting this. This is a much longer process and causes issues with approvers as requires them to reapprove claims multiple times. 

Has anyone else had this issue and got a fix for this? 

We have also been in contact with Concur support to try and fix the export file but this has been unsuccessful yet, any help with this would also be great.

Thanks! 

2 REPLIES 2
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Gallia I'm not a VAT expert, so my only suggestion would be to simply educate the users on using the itemize feature up front so reports do not need to be sent back.

In my little experience with VAT, I didn't think users would need to allocate the expense as the expense types should be assigned to a VAT configuration. However, VAT isn't my area of expertise, but I've not come across users needing to allocate expenses to deal with VAT.

Thank you,
Kevin
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
grodriguezproje
Super User
Super User

Hi @Gallia 

I'm not sure if the word allocation is the right one according with the example you mentioned.

Allocation is mainly to split a expense between different cost objects not to differentiate between Tax Rates.

For example: You want to split an Office cost expense type (Let's say 100 euros) between 2 Cost centers (50% will go to Sales for example and 50% will go to Finance) the VAT will be the same for both, so the posting will look like this:

Debit    Office Expense 50 euro (Sales cost Center)

Debit    Office Expense 50 euro (Finance cost Center)

Credit   Vendor                (100 euro)

grodriguezproje_0-1722262219873.png

grodriguezproje_1-1722262234991.png

I think what you need to use is what @KevinD mentioned the Itemization feature. When you use it in the main window the users are asked to inform a VAT Rate according to the form assign it to the expense type, but the system at the end will use the ones in the itemization (please check the screenshots below) where you have 1 part with VAT and one without.

grodriguezproje_2-1722265085454.png

grodriguezproje_3-1722265121726.png

i hope this helps