cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cduty
Occasional Member - Level 3

Multiple Companies w Multiple Chart of Accounts

We utilize four different chart of accounts that have matching account descriptions (Airfare for example) but each chart of accounts has a different account code assigned for airfare.  When employees are entering expense types they pick the name (airfare) and cannot see the conpany name or account number so they do not know if they are using the correct code.  They don't find out until they try to save the expense and get an error the account needs to be setup. 

Has anyone else run into this and if so how did you resolve?

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@cduty Hello there. Great question. So, it sounds like somone did not assign GL Codes to all the expense types in each ledger. From your description, it sounds like the users are receiving the error message stating no account code is setup for the expense type. 

To resolve this, make sure all expenses have GL Codes entered for all Ledgers.

This is done under Administration>Expense>Accounting Administration. Each of your ledgers should be listed under the Global folder. On the right side of the screen you will see a list of all your expense types. Click one of the ledgers underneath the Global folder. On the right side of the screen under the heading Account Codes, enter in all the GL codes for the expense types for that ledger. Repeat for the remaining three ledgers. 

This should resolve the issue. Also, each user in their profile is assigned a ledger, just make sure each employee is assigned to the correct ledger. If they are not assigned the correct ledger, they have no way of knowing. 

I hope this helps. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@cduty Hello there. Great question. So, it sounds like somone did not assign GL Codes to all the expense types in each ledger. From your description, it sounds like the users are receiving the error message stating no account code is setup for the expense type. 

To resolve this, make sure all expenses have GL Codes entered for all Ledgers.

This is done under Administration>Expense>Accounting Administration. Each of your ledgers should be listed under the Global folder. On the right side of the screen you will see a list of all your expense types. Click one of the ledgers underneath the Global folder. On the right side of the screen under the heading Account Codes, enter in all the GL codes for the expense types for that ledger. Repeat for the remaining three ledgers. 

This should resolve the issue. Also, each user in their profile is assigned a ledger, just make sure each employee is assigned to the correct ledger. If they are not assigned the correct ledger, they have no way of knowing. 

I hope this helps. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
cduty
Occasional Member - Level 3

Hi Keving,

The accounts are setup.  The issue is that the employee has to pick a Cost Type (basically a department) that corresponds to the Expense Type.  We commonly have someone pick an Airfare Expense Type that is assigned to the Corporate Cost Type but then pick Development for the Cost Type entry field.  Because we have multiple airfare expense types that cannot tell if they are picking the Construction, Corporate or Development expense type. 

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@cduty I'd like to take a look at your site and see how it is configured. Can you please send me your company name? I won't be able to really tell what is happening for your users without taking a look for myself. Also, to test this out for myself, If you could send me your first and last name. You can send it in a private message. This way I can proxy in as you, create a report and choose an airfare expense to see how this works. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey