cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RbGuiney
Occasional Member - Level 1

Multiple Charges for same expense, Cannot be submitted until it is matched to an imported card trans

Currently have multiple charges for rental car, one that appears to be imported from my travel iternary and one from imported expenses.  An electronic reciept is already attached to one charge while the secondard imported charge is saying "expense cnnot be submitted until it is matched to an imprted card transaction".  The imported expense as well as the one from my travel iternary appear to be using the same "e-reciept".

rental car.JPG 

5 REPLIES 5
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@RbGuiney could you provide a screenshot of all these charges please? With expenses it is possible for one expense to have three items that represent the one charge. 

First, the icon with a little car is the itinerary item. Second, you might see an icon with a little lightning bolt, that is the e-receipt and finally you will see another icon that looks like this: cc_icon.jpg

This is the actualy credit card charge. Yours may be a different color (green for AMEX or Orange for MasterCard). 

If these are the three you are seeing, they can all be matched up into one expense. 

If you are seeing a couple of icons that are the same icon for the same expense, then you might just need to delete one of them.

I'm purely speculating here since I cannot see exactly what you are seeing. So, if you provide me the screenshot of all the icons (best if you can screenshot your entire expense report) then I can advise you precisely. 

If you don't feel comfortable providing a screenshot of your expense report here on this thread, feel free to send it to me in a private message. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
RbGuiney

rental car -1.JPG

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@RbGuiney A questions for you:

Is the rental car expense with the red exception for 10/24 a different expense from the rental car expense for 10/23 or are they the same expense, but just with a different date?

I'm guessing that is the issue, right? Not sure how two e-receipts came in for the same expense. 

If there won't be a credit card transaction for the 10/24 rental car, then I would just delete it from the report for now since it is the only thing keeping you from submitting. With a date of 10/24 it is way past the time for a credit card charge to come in. 

My guess is this is some strange anomaly. 

Let me know if this makes sense. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
RbGuiney

The car was returned on 10/23/2020 so i would assume the 23rd is when the card was charged.  If i try to delete any one charge, it automatically goes into my "available expenses" due to an "E receipt" being present.  Am i to ignore a charge sitting in my "available expenses" if it is already included elsewhere within my submittal?  Will it eventually go away?

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@RbGuiney 

If you see what appears to be a duplicate, which it looks like is the case here, delete it from your report. Yes, it goes to Available Expenses, but you can then delete it from there. They do not just automatically go away from Available Expenses, but the option to delete it should be there. Just select the item from Available Expenses. You'll see the blue buttons to the right. One says Delete. Go ahead and delete it. I just helped someone else with this exact same issue. 

Now, if you cannot delete it (sometimes companies turn off this option), then letting it sit there won't affect anything. I know it is annoying to just have it sit there, but you would have to request your site administrator to turn on the Delete option momentarily to let you delete it. My guess is, the delete option is on, because it is a default setting. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey