cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JHeath22
Occasional Member - Level 2

Missing receipt affidavit function - no longer there

Hi,

Concur expenses had an update a few weeks back and I've noticed that the 'receipts - missing receipts affidavit' function is no longer available under a expense report I am working on.  This function was here about a month ago, but since the update, it's no longer there.

Do you know how we can now upload an affidavit and will this function be coming back? (example below).

JHeath22_0-1668025411147.png

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JHeath22 that is correct. With our new UI, Affidavit was replaced with Declaration. So the feature isn't retired, it was just renamed. 

What you described in your other post does not sound like the built in Affidavit, but sounds like you had your own version that you would have employees sign and then attach to the report. Users would not sign the Affidavit as it is electronically created when the user selected the option from their expense report. The explanation and agreement text are already provided by the site configuration. However, if they actually signed some sort of document and it was saved in an acceptable file format, it could be attached to the report by anyone, even delegates or proxies. This is what it sounds like you did. The Missing Receipt Affidavit/Declaration has never been available for Delegates or Proxies.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JHeath22 do you have a current screenshot? The one you provided is from our Legacy UI. I did look up your site and although the Missing Receipt Affidavit option is turned on, there isn't any text provided for the Affidavit. There should Explanation and Acceptance text provided in the configuration of the MRA, but what I see are blank fields. 

I'm asking a colleague if this is the reason why you might not see it. Also, if the expense entry in question doesn't require a receipt, the MRA option will not be available.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
JHeath22

Thanks Kevin. Below is a screenshot of our current expense report view. Previously under the receipts tab the missing affidavit option would be there, but it's now showing under any of the current dropdown tabs below. 

I hope this helps.

JHeath22_1-1668088722024.png

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JHeath22 my colleague thinks that because there isn't Explanation or Acceptance set up for the Missing Receipt Declaration. See my screenshot below taken from your SAP Concur site. There needs to be some text in each of the boxes you see below.

KevinD_0-1668097558169.png

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
JHeath22

Where do I view/access this? There isn't anywhere in the expense report to access the 'Missing Receipt Affidavit' function you showed in your previous comment. Please see my expense report screenshot below of my current view.

JHeath22_1-1668098314511.png

JHeath22

Hi @KevinD 

My colleague got an update from someone at Concur informing her that the MRA has been retired and that a 'Missing Receipts Declaration' can be found, but only if I log in under my own account. Delegates are not able to access this for people they are submitting expenses on the behalf of. 

They can also do this themselves, but I or another EA with delegate access are no longer able to do this. 

Delegates have never been able to submit the MRA.  This has to be done by the account holder or using their login.  This is a legal document the asserts a business expense and has to be done by the person who is submitting the report.

Nancy Murray
Agfa
JHeath22

Strange as I was able to use this function when 'acting on behalf of another user'. I would action the document, get them to review and sign it, then submit against the report. 

Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JHeath22 that is correct. With our new UI, Affidavit was replaced with Declaration. So the feature isn't retired, it was just renamed. 

What you described in your other post does not sound like the built in Affidavit, but sounds like you had your own version that you would have employees sign and then attach to the report. Users would not sign the Affidavit as it is electronically created when the user selected the option from their expense report. The explanation and agreement text are already provided by the site configuration. However, if they actually signed some sort of document and it was saved in an acceptable file format, it could be attached to the report by anyone, even delegates or proxies. This is what it sounds like you did. The Missing Receipt Affidavit/Declaration has never been available for Delegates or Proxies.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
JHeath22

Thanks Kevin.

kmisom13

Hi there  - I've been asked by my colleagues to see if we can bring this feature back? We were also able to attach an MRA on behalf of the end user and have them sign in prior to the expense being submitted. 

Thank you,

Kim