cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
galvarez3
Occasional Member - Level 1

Missing Receipt Declaration

I have a question in regards to "Missing Receipt Declaration". 

How exactly is this feature a benefit to us as an organization? Can you please tell me if this feature does in fact stand against being penalized from an auditor if we are missing a receipt? 

I know when we were first signing on with SAP we asked these questions and it was our understanding that it would but would like more clarification. 
1 Solution
Solution
rohanpatil
Super User
Super User

Hi @galvarez3 ,

Your post indicates that you company is charged a penalty/fee if the external auditors find that there is no receipt for any of the business expense. I would check with the audit authority whether the affidavit from the employee will be accepted as a receipt. Different authorities in different countries have different opinions. Thus, my strong recommendation would be checking with them directly.

I would not focus too much on the functionality name in Concur when asking the external audit team. I will simply ask if the employee declaration/ statement would suffice to justify a business expense and if it is okay to have this in electronic format.

The good thing that I find is that you are referring to card expenses and if you have a card feed, you already have basic evidence on the vendor name and expense amount coming in via the card feed. Also sometimes the Level 3 enhanced data is also available for card transactions.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
rohanpatil
Super User
Super User

Hi @galvarez3 ,

Employee reimbursement processes also contribute to employee satisfaction. This is typically why organizations offer some concessions when reviewing expense reports. One such concession is reimbursing employees for low value expenses even if they lose the receipt. The Missing Receipt affidavit is meant to support the same. In fact, there are also organizations that support reimbursements without receipts or affidavits for low value amounts. At the same time, I have also seem companies who say no receipt no reimbursement.

I would ask the company auditors for an opinion on whether they see a problem. Whilst it will likely not support VAT reclaim, the question would primarily be whether it can be  considered a deductible expense or not. Accordingly, you should update the company policy and the system configuration.

Hope this helps.

galvarez3

@rohanpatil , 

Thank you for your response! 

Let me provide a bit more details - So the way our company does it is we issue business credit cards to make business expenses. With that being said when it comes to audits (not internal company audits) if we are missing a receipt then our company gets a fee. 

My question would be if a Missing Receipt Declaration would  be acceptable by auditors primarily for a business expense that is not reimbursed to the employee since it is a company expense. 

Hope this makes sense...

Solution
rohanpatil
Super User
Super User

Hi @galvarez3 ,

Your post indicates that you company is charged a penalty/fee if the external auditors find that there is no receipt for any of the business expense. I would check with the audit authority whether the affidavit from the employee will be accepted as a receipt. Different authorities in different countries have different opinions. Thus, my strong recommendation would be checking with them directly.

I would not focus too much on the functionality name in Concur when asking the external audit team. I will simply ask if the employee declaration/ statement would suffice to justify a business expense and if it is okay to have this in electronic format.

The good thing that I find is that you are referring to card expenses and if you have a card feed, you already have basic evidence on the vendor name and expense amount coming in via the card feed. Also sometimes the Level 3 enhanced data is also available for card transactions.

Hope this helps.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@galvarez3 since the auditors are external, they would be the ones to answer your question as to whether they would accept the Declaration or not. I don't think we would be able to speak on behalf of what the auditing company will accept or not accept.

We offer the MRD as an option, but as long as I have been at SAP Concur (almost 15 years), we have never said that the MRD is guaranteed to be accepted by third-party auditing companies.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
leedau
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@galvarez3 Thank you for your post. We have a few good articles in the SAP Concur Community that talks about he Missing Receipt Declaration. It allows users to provide an affidavit that is submitted instead of the actual receipt images, when a receipt is required and the users is not able to locate their receipt.

How to Activate Missing Receipt Affidavit Feature for Expense Reports

Video: Working with Receipt Declaration/Affidavit

Does this provide you with the insight you need? Let us know if you have additional questions.

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Lee-Anne Dautovic
SAP Concur Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
galvarez3

@leedau , 

Thank you for your response! 

Let me provide a bit more details - So the way our company does it is we issue business credit cards to make business expenses. With that being said when it comes to audits (not internal company audits) if we are missing a receipt then our company gets a fee. 

My question would be if a Missing Receipt Declaration would  be acceptable by auditors primarily for a business expense that is not reimbursed to the employee since it is a company expense. 

Hope this makes sense...