cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ken
Occasional Member - Level 1

Missing Receipt Affidavit as a Delegate

Good Afternoon,

I've worked for IT Service Desks for the last 10 years and during this time, one of the roles I supported many years ago was in the area of a Concur Expenses and assisting with creating reports.

I've recently found myself back in the area of Concur support from an IT perspective, and I recently had a question come up to which I'm fairly certain of the answer, but want to double check as it's been awhile since I've supported this application.

As a delegate for another user, I believe it's preferred to not give that delegate access to add a missing receipt affidavit and, in fact, the Concur system will not allow it.  Is this still accurate information?

I appreciate any feedback on this

Regards,

Ken

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Ken You are correct. Delegates cannot add the Missing Receipt Affidavit to a report they are working on for someone else. 

Kevin

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Ken You are correct. Delegates cannot add the Missing Receipt Affidavit to a report they are working on for someone else. 

Kevin

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
PetraJ
Occasional Member - Level 2

Hello dear @KevinD ,

In our company we are facing the same situation with "missing" Affidavit option for Delegate(s).

There are so many employees/assistants/managers acting on behalf of other employees (for example terminated employees) as Delegate(s) so it would be much more easier for them to have Affidavit option available.

Are there any particular security reasons why Affidavit is not the option for Delegates?

Thank you for your explanation.
KR, Petra

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@PetraJ great question and the answer is actually yes there is a reason. We consider the Missing Receipt Affidavit to technically be a binding document/statement. Only the person who incurred the expense should be able to assert that the incurred expense was in fact an allowable business expense as per company policy. We tend to think of the MRA to be like any other affidavit, which must be signed by the person themselves. When an expense report is created by a delegate, the delegates name then gets associated to the report. If the expense incurred was not an allowable expense and the delegate were able to attach a receipt, then they would be taking responsibility for that expense, in a manner of speaking. 

What I would suggest for the situations you describe, is to create a universal pdf document that can be attached instead of a receipt that explains that the employee is no longer with the company or that the report is being created and submitted by a delegate and there is no way to obtain a receipt. This pdf could then be made available to download by anyone at your company and attached when needed. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
kykimura
Occasional Member - Level 1

Aloha,  We do have a manual MRA that delegates can attach.  But is there any way to report on those?  (combining both the Concur MRA and manually attached MRA)?

Thank you,

Kyle

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kykimura No there isn't as the reporting links to the use of the MRD from the tool. Attaching a manual MRD would be the same as attaching any other receipt image.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey