cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cchakalall
Occasional Member - Level 1

Mileage Reimbursements

I have trouble getting the right mileage reimbursed ,It should be 0.59 cents a kilometer vs. the auto selection @ 0.53 cents a kilometer. 

I realized that I accidently entered under the personal car the full odometer reading from my car. 

I cannot delete this or add a new car where I should be able to input the initial distance at zero. 

I have registered two support tickets and the issue is still not resolved.

Do you have any suggestions on how to address this issue? 

Thank you 

CHRISTINE CHAKALALL
8 REPLIES 8
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@cchakalall when you registered your car you entered the full odometer reading or you entered it when creating a mileage expense? 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
cchakalall

@KevinD I entered it when I registered the car. 

CHRISTINE CHAKALALL
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@cchakalall when you register your car, you should be putting in the current odometer reading. The system will then start tracking from that number. 

The number entered when you register your car shouldn't affect your reimbursement amount. 

If had a brand new car with zero miles and I entered that on my profile, when I create my mileage expense for the first time, the system brings in my starting reading as zero. I then enter my distance, let's say 100. The next time I enter a mileage expense, the starting reading will now say 100. It picks up where I left off. My first mileage reimbursement would be based on 100 miles driven.

Now, a different scenario...I have a five year old car that I register on my profile with 10000 miles on it. I create my first mileage expense. I see in the starting odometer field, 10000. I enter in my miles driven. Let's say, 100. The next time I do a mileage expense, the starting odometer field will read 10100. 

I don't think there is really an issue. Since the system tracks the actual miles you enter and drive to determine the varying rates. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
cchakalall

Hi 

The issue I have is that the system is automatically pulling the incorrect mileage rate. The reimbursement field is greyed out and cannot be changed. 

It is pulling 0.53 cents a km when it should be 0.59 cents a km. 

cchakalall_0-1659545390832.png

Regards, 

Christine 

CHRISTINE CHAKALALL
cchakalall

cchakalall_1-1659545461288.png

CHRISTINE CHAKALALL

Hello, did you ever get a reply to this as experiencing the same situation? However, I do know that once mileage has been claimed and processed, only the admin. Might be able to update the field to zero. They don't have that permission in our case, so I wonder if that means raising a support case.  

Unless I am missing some smart trick @KevinD 

@

@travelexpexpert you are having the same issue? Do you have an example of an employee where you saw this issue? I don't have quite enough info to make a definitive comment on this as there are a few factors involved.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey

Yes I have.

A user registered his Personal Car (first time, so starting at zero), and the odometer status says 145.000 km. The statutory mileage rules state one rate up to 20.000  km and a lower rate above 20.000 km. His mileage claims up to 20.000 km will be wrong as he will get the lower rate because the system thinks he has driven beyond 20.000 km. 

He has claimed his first mileage (but got too little reimbursed as explained)

He can't amend the km setting to zero and neither can the admin. 

He can't add a new personal car as the km status remains locked—neither an admin.

He can't delete the car as he has already claimed mileage. Neither can admin.

Does that help else feel free to ask any question.

Ole