cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VwriterT
Occasional Member - Level 1

Meals recorded on wrong date, exceeds per diem, no override or date change possible

About half the time I travel - which is not that much - meals are entered into Concur on the wrong date. For example,  Monday night's dinner is recorded on Tuesday, and when combined with Tuesday's meals causes me to go over the per diem.  When I get the AMEX bill the dates are recorded correctly, so it's the dates they are recorded in Concur that are incorrect.

My company says I have to change the incorrectly recorded meals to expenses that are reimbursable, that I have to pay AMEX, and that they will eventualy pay me.

Isn't there a way to have a Concur administrator correct the dates?

If the software company I work for had an application that required our users to go through something similar to this, we'd be losing customers left and right ...

8 REPLIES 8
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

So, the transaction date of the AMEX charge is showing one day after the actual date of the meal when the charge comes into SAP Concur? I'm just trying to fully understand what you are saying.

Thank you,

Kevin

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
VwriterT

Some meals on Sunday appeared on my AMEX bill with that date, but appeared in Concur with Monday's date resulting in exceeding the per diem for Monday. The only way to resolve this is to mark it as a personal expense and resubmit it as reimburseable.

Apparently no one - not even the finance people - can override the date.

I have scanned images of the receipts, the AMEX bill and the Concur charges.

dwarkeshv

Did this question ever get answered?  ALso, I did not see any screenshots in the chat.  Can the original requestor post the same.

Thanks

monahana
Occasional Member - Level 3

We have similar experiences and our workaround is to delete the expense entry that came from the card transaction (and delete the transaction from available transactions) and create a new expense entry with the correct date.  To do this you'd need to enable the "Delete" option in your configuration.  Hope this helps.

Cervantes

In my case my dinner of April 12th appear on the 13th so now it says that I over limit my expenses on the 13th. And I can not modify the expense date , although I have the ticket with the 12th date on it.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Cervantes I suggest asking your direct manager about this. Without being able to change the date, you are a bit stuck. See if your manager will allow you to change the expense type to something else. That is really the only way to get around the hard stop of being over the limit. If your manager agrees, then be sure to use the Comment field to explain that the expense was actually a meal and the transaction date is preventing you from submitting.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Merin

There should be an option within the administrative settings for the Card Program that can "Allow employees to edit the Transaction Date for company card transactions".   This would allow you to change the date of the charge to match the actual date of the expense, and align with your limits.

I believe that most companies don't allow this because it increases risk of fraud and/or inaccuracy, but you could speak to your administrator about it.

Depending on your setup (if company pays bank directly for corporate card charges or pays to employee, who then pays the bank) this could work better than the option to delete an expense and manually re-key it, as then it would no longer show up as a corporate card expense and could potentially be paid incorrectly.

Merin

Another potential workaround could be to classify the charge into a Misc. expense type, and then choose to itemize it.   Then in the itemization you would enter the appropriate date & meal expense type.  Then the system would only see the meal expense reflected on the proper date.