cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tallberel
Occasional Member - Level 2

Meals default to Entertainment

Why do MEALS auto default to expense type ENTERTAINMENT? Our organization has 35 - 40 individuals one the road weekly, and we do not allow "entertainment." So every meal they purchase defaults to Entertainment. It is an extra step to change all of them to meals. Is there a way to change the default?
Thank you.

11 REPLIES 11
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@tallberel are these employees using corporate credit cards to pay for their expenses? Are they using our mobile app to capture receipts with the ExpenseIt feature? 

I'm asking because expenses default to an expense type in one of two ways:

1. A corporate card transaction comes in from a vendor for the first time. The expense comes in as Undefined. The user selects an expense type, let's say Entertainment. The next time they make a purchase at that same vendor, the card transaction will come in as Entertainment. The system remembers the expense type for that vendor.

2. Users take pictures of their receipts in the mobile app using the ExpenseIt feature. ExpenseIt analyzes the receipt image and takes its best guess at what the expense type should be. Usually for restaurants, it is Business Meal or Entertainment. 

So, if your users are using ExpenseIt, let me know. I'll ask around for a workaround. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
tallberel

@KevinD  Thanks for the quick response!
So, most are using ExpenseIt on the app, only to capture the receipt, then verify the amount. That's all. Then when they go into the Concur site, to prepare their expense reports, all meals come over as Entertainment, before and after the receipt is matched to its transaction.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@tallberel Someone from our mobile team is looking into this. 

Another question, in your site, do you have an expense type that is name Meals or do the employees select from Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner expense types? 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
tallberel

@KevinD  We have Expense TYPE - Meals. Then they there is a sub category to select Bfast, Lunch, Dinner or Incidental .

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@tallberel thank you for that. I haven't heard back from my mobile support contact yet. 

Another question...do other employees, other than the ones referred to in you original post, use the Entertainment expense type?

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
tallberel

@KevinD  The VPs and CEO might, but nobody in our division would ever use Entertainment. 

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@tallberel I would consider just deactivating the Entertainment expense type then. Just a suggestion. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
tallberel

@KevinD I like it! I will tell our admin. Thank you.

byatesOptos
Occasional Member - Level 1

this is not an option in my case.  we use entertainment- ALL meals via ExpenseIT end up as Entertainment- makes it a pain to have to edit that, all the time.  

leedau
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@byatesOptos Thanks for posting in the SAP Concur Community. Have you reached out to your Concur Administrator to discuss your options?

Thank you,
Lee-Anne Dautovic
SAP Concur Community Moderator
byatesOptos
Occasional Member - Level 1

yes.  I was sent here.  they cannot or will not investigate.