cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MRM
New Member - Level 1

Meal allowances only during business trips

Hello,

Due to tax reasons, meal allowances can only be provided to employees who are in a business trip (outside the city they normally work in)

Does anyone know if there is a way to track their business trips and link their requests for meal allowances in Concur with these trips?

Thanks a lot in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
Munari_alEXPert
Super User
Super User

dear @MRM 

I am not completely sure what you would like to achieve? and are you the system administrator for the company or need to audit those expenses?

If you have access to Cognos reporting, you maybe able to pull a report with all business trip employee submitted, when and where with the amount request per day. I am sorry, but I doubt you will be able to see if Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner where provided from this report.

The system is safe to avoid travel allowance for trips there isn't any allowance (same city or not enough hours working outside home). 

Please provide more details where if not me, someone can better address your issue.

Kind Regards

Alessandro Munari
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MRM from what you are describing, yes this is possible. However, this all depends on a couple of things: 1. Are you using SAP Concur Travel as your corporate travel booking tool, 2. Are you using the Concur Travel Allowance option. 

Without Concur Travel, you cannot officially link a business trip to requested meals on an expense report. Without the Travel Allowance option, you will not have a way for the system to calculate the meal allowance based on the city where the employee traveled. 

I'd be curious to see if there are others here on the Community that can offer a possible workaround. I know @Munari_alEXPert offered the idea of using Cognos, but this may only give you very limited details. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Nancyagfa
Super User
Super User

If a business trip also includes driving to a client/customer, what about a mandatory Business Purpose field that includes the Client name?  There may be a rental car or mileage associated with the expense report.

Nancy Murray
Agfa