cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ecoman
New Member - Level 1

Matching expense to credit card.

I have an error message that says an expense "cannot be submitted until it is matched to an imported corporate card transaction..." A brief look at the available help suggested that the problem was that I had selected “Pending Card Transaction” which meant it needed to be “attached” to a corporate card. I used the corporate card for the transaction. There were three options that I could chose from; “None selected”, “Out of Pocket” and “Pending Card Transaction”. If I picked "None selected" I got told that I couldn't choose that. If I selected "Out of pocket" I was told that my employer has a different way of reimbursing employees, and in any case I wasn't out of pocket as I had used the corporate credit card. The only other option was "Pending Card Transaction" and that gets me the message that I have to "match" it to a credit card. I seem to be stuck at this point and would appreciate your advice. 

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Ecoman when an item comes in (e-receipt or travel segment/itinerary) before the credit card transactions, the system automatically assigns Pending Card Transaction to the item. When the card charge comes in, the system will automatically match the two UNLESS you have already added the pending item to a report. The system cannot match an item sitting on a report to an item that comes into your available expenses. This will hopefully help you in the future.

As for the current issue, go back and look at your previously submitted reports. My guess (I'm about 99% confident) you will see the corporate card charge that is for the Pending item. If you find the card charge has been submitted, then just delete the Pending item.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.