cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
farmfly
Occasional Member - Level 3

Matching Card Transaction Exception

I have a hotel charge from Cambria Suites which is part of Choice Hotels.  I used my personal credit card for the transaction.  At some point an E-Receipt was automatically added to my expense and the exception “This entry does not have a matching credit card transaction and cannot be reimbursed.  Please check the Personal Expense box.”

I’m not going to check the “Personal Expense” box because this was not a personal expense.  I’ve tried selecting Out of Pocket, Pending Card Transaction, and Personal Credit Card, but the exception is always there.  I’ve also deleted the expense and added it again, but it still matches to the E-receipt and gives the exception.  

I know that when I tried connecting to the Starbucks app and Lyft app it would give the same exception unless I used my company card.  I deleted the connection to those apps so I could continue to use my personal card.  I can’t figure out how I’m connected to Choice Hotels.  I don’t know why this would come up as an error anyway.

Does anyone know how to prevent this exception? 

13 REPLIES 13
SandraA
Routine Member - Level 2

In our system the solution would be to change the Payment type to Cash and save the report.  Once the Payment type is changed - our warning flag will drop off and the report can be submitted.

So first I'd try changing the payment type and Saving.  And then try to submit the report.  (Some exceptions won't go away until you Submit).

If this does not work - then your audit rule needs to be changed to allow submission once the  appropriate Payment type is chosen.

Sandra Ahola
T-Mobile
Senior Analyst Travel, Card & Expense
US
https://www.linkedin.com/in/sandra-ahola-4704553/
farmfly

The choices that I have available are Out of Pocket, Pending Card Transaction, and Personal Credit Card.  I’ve tried all three of these and I get the the same error.  

When I attempt to submit I get “Submit Failed.  This expense report cannot be submitted until all exceptions with red flags are resolved.”

AmberLee
Routine Member - Level 3

I would love to get in and have a look around because there's probably something there that's easy to miss but I'd know it if I saw it. Since I can't I'll ask a few questions instead.

1. On the e-receipt, what credit card number is listed?

2. On your list of card transactions do you see anything that may have slipped through from that hotel?
3. Has the ereceipt been matched with the corresponding itinerary?
4. Does your company allow you to delete e-receipts?

Without seeing it my suggestion would be to detach the e-receipt then delete it from your list of available expenses.

ค๓๒єг ɭєє - ᴄᴏɴᴄᴜʀ ᴄᴏɴɴᴏɪssᴇᴜʀ
(っ◔◡◔)っ  ☆ Fort Worth, Texas ☆
farmfly

Hi Amber,

1. The E-Receipt doesn’t have the credit card number listed, but it does say American Express on it.  The AMEX card that I used to pay for the room is my personal credit card.  My company credit card is a visa card.  This is the primary card that is used to book my hotels and rental cars.  I’ve never had this issue at a Hilton or Marriott or with a rental car.  This leads me to believe it’s something with Choice Hotels.

2. The expense has cleared on my AMEX card.  I haven’t used my company card for a long time and there aren’t any expenses from that card listed on Concur.

3. I’m not sure about how the receipt is matched with an itinerary.  I went to the travel tab and looked at that hotel.  I didn’t see anything that made it look like it was matched to the E-receipt.

4. I’m sure the company is fine with us deleting E-receipts, but I don’t know how to do that.  I’ve looked on the iPhone app and on the Concur website.  I don't see a way to delete it .  Maybe our company does have that disabled.

I think I’m going to try entering the expense for one cent less than the actual price.  Maybe I could trick the system that way…  

Thank you for your help!

AmberLee
Routine Member - Level 3

Once you remove the e-receipt from the expense on the report it will go back to the list of Available Expenses on your main Expense page. You'll recognize it by the blue circle with a lightning bolt (unless your company changed the colors). Click the box to the left then the delete button that's greyed out should turn blue. If it doesn't turn blue that means your company has not given employees the ability to delete their e-receipt or itineraries. You can have another admin do that for you but it's an easy setting to change.

If you've already submitted the original expense this is the only way to make that e-receipt go away.

farmfly

I deleted the expense and then went to available expenses and deleted it there too.  After that, I was able to do a new expense that didn’t get attached to the E-Receipt.  

Thank you!!

farmfly

Although Amber was able to help me so I could submit this expense (Thank You, Amber!), I am going to leave this question open.  

Selecting “personal card expense” or “out of pocket” should not require a matching credit card transaction.  I’m hoping someone at Concur will provide feedback and a solution to this issue.

I am looking at the connected apps and I think that the “My Travel Network App” is the one that is causing the problems with this.  It looks like that app will automatically send E-Receipts from some hotels.  I’ve also been getting receipts, that are paid for by someone else, sent to my reports from airlines.  I have to select personal expense on those in my report.  I’m hoping that disabling the My Travel Network App will solve these annoying issues until a better solution is available.

I would love to add the Lyft app again too, but the same matching card transaction issue happens.  I’ve disabled that app to solve the problem too. 

farmfly

Anyone from Concur know how to solve the original problem without deleting the expense and then deleting the E-receipt and re-adding? 

SandraA
Routine Member - Level 2

I believe you'd need to change the exception code used by the audit rule that pops up the message about e-receipts.  It needs to be changed from a Blocking Level (99 or more) to either an audit level (50) or a warning level (1).

We have ours set to be a Warning as we know some employees need to submit them in cash.

There are major issues with employees submitting corp card charges as cash with the e-receipt so there's good reason to block submission.

Sandra Ahola
T-Mobile
Senior Analyst Travel, Card & Expense
US
https://www.linkedin.com/in/sandra-ahola-4704553/
farmfly

Hi Sandra, 

The charge was made on a personal credit card and the personal card somehow sent the e-receipt.  I’m thinking the e-receipt came from the “My Travel Network” app in Concur.

I can see the need in having an exception with a corporate card being called cash, but a personal credit card shouldn't show a warning.

Would changing the items you listed prevent this form issuing an exception?  And would it be able to be expensed normally, without seeing any warnings on my end?  

I’m an end user, so I don’t have the ability to change any codes.  

Thank you for the help.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Can you tell me your name and what company you work for? I can go in and look at your company's site and your profile to see what might be causing this. I would say just delete these e-receipts when they come in to avoid the issue. You can respond to me directly through a private message on this Community. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
farmfly

Message Sent.

Thank you!

AmberLee
Routine Member - Level 3

I believe e-receipts are connected to your profile/email and come from vendors who have set up the added service. 

What that means is any time you book through Concur, regardless of payment method, the e-receipt will come through for those vendors. If your Concur has an audit rule that requires e-receipts be matched with a CC transaction that would cause the problem you're seeing. 

It also means those e-receipts for other people must have your email attached to their travel in some way such as a delegate/travel assistant.

Does your company policy mention anything about requiring you to use your company CC for travel booking? Most companies do so they have better controls and data. What is the reason for using your personal card for business travel expenses?