cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SarahM1
Occasional Member - Level 1

Manage Users via a Spreadsheet

Since the update of the User Spreadsheet, which has removed the password column, we cannot do mass uploads of new users to Concur without having to spend a lot of time adding passwords in. I contacted live chat who said that this now wasn't an option and that uploading the spreadsheet does not even send an email invite to users. I had to upload 1800 new users which I then had to manually set passwords for which took 10+ hours. Surely there has to be a better way?

2 REPLIES 2
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@SarahM1 I'm checking internally about this as it seems a bit odd to not have an option to mass assign passwords for new user creation. I know we have other import templates that can be used, but these are mainly for our customers who are on our Professional platform. You are on our Standard platform, so I'm checking to see if the other import templates can be used in Standard. Stay tuned. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@SarahM1 okay, I found out some good information for you:

1. When doing an import, although there is not Password column, users do get assigned a randomly generated password.

2. After you import your users, you can either instruct them when signing in to use the Forgot Password link or you can use the Send Invite option for them to see the temporary password.

This means you don't have to do the manual entering of passwords. 🙂

I hope this helps.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.