cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Occasional Member - Level 1

Limts by Expense Category vs Expense Type

New to Concur so i wanted to quickly thank everyone in advance for this resource and their help. At our firm we have a daily limit on food at $100. We added all of the expense types (i.e. Breakfast, Lunch, Snack etc....) that would fit into this limit into a single expense category "Meals subject to $100 limit" Is there a way to set the limit by category? It seems like the only way i could do this would be to either make a limit on each specific expense type or lump all those expense types into one. Maybe i am going about this the wrong way, not sure. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks Aryeh
6 Replies
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Re: Limts by Expense Category vs Expense Type

@Aryeh2b You cannot set the limit by category and even if you could, I personally wouldn't suggest it since you may have expense types like Business Meal that could fall into this category if not changed by someone during configuration.

You can make a daily meal limit total that includes multiple expense types, so that you can include breakfast, lunch and dinner and have the audit rule look at those three expenses and do an aggregate total on them to see if it goes over the daily limit. 

Reminder: Always, test the audit rule with a test user before activating for your employees. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Sr. Training Consultant

Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

Kevin, 

Thank you for the quick reply.   I just spent 15 min looking through the system, where can i set up an Audit Rule?

Thanks

Aryeh

SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@Aryeh2b first thing I need to know is what type of configuration you are on. We have two, Standard and Professional. Accessing audit rules is a little different for each. To know what version you are on, from the Concur home screen, mouse over Administration in the upper right corner. You should see a little drop down menu appear. If you see an option that says Expense Settings, you are on Standard. If this is the case, Audit Rules are most likely not turned on and can only be turned on by Concur. 

If you are on Professional, you have to have some sort of Admin permission, which I'm guessing you have. 

I'll await your reply to see which version you are on. 

P.S. Here is a resource for you to see how to create an audit rule. This will help you understand how it works. 

Video Demo: https://assets.concur.com/concurtraining/cte/en-us/cte_en-us_exp_audit-rules.mp4

PDF Document Guide: http://www.concurtraining.com/customers/tech_pubs/Docs/_Current/SG_Exp/Exp_SG_Audit_Rules.pdf

Thanks,
Kevin Dorsey

Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

Yes i am on Standard.   I reached out to my impementation rep to see if he can make it professional - not sure what is involved or if there is an additional charge. 

SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@Aryeh2b there is a charge for migrating your site to Professional, but in all honesty, to create an audit rule, you do not need to be on Professional. You just have to request to your implementation rep to have Audit Rules turned on. I'm not sure if there is a fee associated with that, but I'm guessing it will be a lot less than migrating your entire site. Also, migrating your site isn't just something that can be done over night. 

Thanks,
Kevin Dorsey

SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@Aryeh2b currently you cannot. Our Standard configuration does not have the custom audit rule option turned on. You'll need to ask your Concur implementation person about getting it activated. 

Thanks,
Kevin Dorsey