cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wbhicks
Occasional Member - Level 2

Level-3/Enhanced Data not available in New UI

We are transitioning to an Amazon Business account and they feed through Enhanced Data (including Line-Item purchase details). This line item detail of what was purchased shows up in the current/soon-to-be old UI...and the availability of that additional data is indicated by the "+" on the Card Icon.

In the new UI, that line item detail is not there. Is that just something that's not available during the new UI preview? 

16 REPLIES 16
Josh
Routine Member - Level 2

Hi @wbhicks,

So Level 3 data is available to view, but it's just a little more buried right now. To find a transaction's data right now, you'll need to go into the expense and click on the card link at the top of the page (this says Corporate Card, but yours may be different):

2018-09-26_11-50-06comm.png

Once you click that link, a lightbox will pop up showing the transaction info, including Level 3 data.

2018-09-26_11-50-48comm.png

Now, I know that's not as easy as simply hovering over the expense, and as I understand it, this will not be the only place this info will be available when a new 'Enhancement Pack' is released early next year.

There was a webinar on this yesterday, and it outlined a lot of enhancements coming, and one of them is the ability to pull up that Level 3 data right from the report view / expense list. Here's a screenshot of that new look:

2018-10-17_13-46-00nextgenui.png

If you look at the Payment Type column, the cards listed are blue, and as I understand it, function as a link. You click it and that window with the transaction info / Level 3 data pops up in a lightbox.

They said this would be released early next year, and if you wanted to check out the webinar yourself, you can check out @Jody's post from a few days ago:

https://community.concur.com/t5/User-Admin-Group/NextGen-UI-webinar-Wednesday-October-17-at-11-00-am...

Hope this helps!

Josh
wbhicks

Thanks Josh. It's not working for me. I see the basics of the Card transaction in the new UI (see below), but the same line-item detail that's available in the current UI (also see below) is not available in the new UI. 

New UI.JPGOld UI.JPG

Josh
Routine Member - Level 2

Hmm, that is strange, since it's present in the current UI.

Could you try turning it off and on again? And by 'it' I mean the visibility of the Level 3 data. Under Company > Tools > Company Card > Settings, there is an option labeled 'Allow employees to view additional information (Level 3 data) for company card transactions.' If you were to disable that option, save, and then re-enable it and save again, maybe it could help? Since the data's there, it seems like it's just an error in how the new UI is rendering that information.

Note that I don't work for Concur, and I'm basically just shooting in the dark here, but I thought I'd mention this as a possible option to try.

If that doesn't help, I'd say you might need to reach out to Concur support so they can take a look to see if either a customization or other setting may be interfering in the display of that info.

Josh
wbhicks

That didn't work either...disabled/saved/logged out...logged in/enabled/saved...still no Level 3 data in the new UI. I'll open Case. 

Josh
Routine Member - Level 2

Bummer, well hopefully it gets fixed soon!

Josh
Jody
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@Josh speaks the truth, @wbhicks.

I will post a link to the recording in the What's New in Product forum of the User Admin Group now.

Thank you,
Jody Wilkins
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select Accept as Solution so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
JessicaL
Frequent Member - Level 1

Hi @wbhicks,

Just to add, we have the same issues with Level 3 data. Any responses we've received are that "it works" or "it will be enhanced later". However, we are wary since like yourself, the details of level 3 are very important. We use the specific feature of the items purchased and such. 

Best,

Jessica
Travel and Expense System Administrator
SandraA
Routine Member - Level 2

Are you sure we wiill be able to pull up Level 3 data from that page in the Enchanced version?  I did attend the presentation and I did not hear anyone say that was the case.

If that is the case - which indicator on the example page shows that the item has level 3 data?

Sandra Ahola
T-Mobile
Senior Analyst Travel, Card & Expense
US
https://www.linkedin.com/in/sandra-ahola-4704553/
Josh
Routine Member - Level 2

Hi @SandraA,

In the presentation they did not explicitly say that Level 3 data would be visible, but here's what was said:

"[In] the Payment Type column, where this is a card transaction payment type, clicking on that will give you access to that card detail information without opening the expense."

This is around 18:15 in the recording. I'm assuming the 'card detail information' includes any Level 3 data along with the other info currently available by clicking the card link in the expense itself. I don't think there will be any indicator on the expense list to indicate a transaction has Level 3 data.

Maybe that could be a future enhancement where the the Payment Type is bolded if Level 3 data is present? That'd be nice.

Josh
SandraA
Routine Member - Level 2

WB - have you checked multiple instances of Amazon?   Although most Amazon purchases have level 3 data - there are some that do not in our data.  

Sandra Ahola
T-Mobile
US
wbhicks

@SandraA - Look at my Screenshots above...it's the same transaction, but one view is the new UI and the other is from the current UI. It's not an Amazon issue. L3D is available in the current UI, but not in the new UI. 

wbhicks

Got a response from Concur Support this afternoon..."At this time, L3 data is not supported in the new UI." 

So does that mean it won't be supported at Launch either? If so, that's a huge disappointment. 

We use Level-3 Data (L3D) in place of Receipts in the current UI. That's one of the benefits of using a Corporate Card in conjunction with Concur...transaction and all details, including line-item details on what was purchased, feed directly to Concur...and a time savings by not having to attach a Receipt where L3D is available.

Not Available.JPG

SandraA
Routine Member - Level 2

WB

That is terrible news.

We have the same problem as you - missing level 3 for many Amazon transactions.    I have seen some Amz with Level 3 as well as other vendors.  But it's not consisteant.

Have you noticed that you can't sort the expenses by Vendor name in a report?   That's going to make reconcilation difficult for large reports.

Sandra Ahola
T-Mobile
US
Jody
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Y'all are exactly why this Community got started! Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Level 3 transaction data should be available in the new UI (as displayed in the screenshots here by @Josh and @SandraA).

If you're not seeing it -as in the case described by @wbhicks- I'd appreciate it if you would submit a Support Case through the Customer Support Portal.

In your case, please include the phrase 'NextGen UI'.

In Brian's specific case, I have just confirmed with the Product Manager that Concur Support has escalated this issue, so this is in the right process now with a standard case tracking process.

Thank you,
Jody Wilkins
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select Accept as Solution so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
SandraA
Routine Member - Level 2

@JodyJody -

Can you please help us understand the response @wbhicks got from support -

"At this time, L3 data is not supported in the new UI."

There's no point in our reporting it if Concur is saying this isn't supposed to be working.

@wbhicks Did they close your case and consider their response a done deal?   

Sandra Ahola
T-Mobile
US
wbhicks

@SandraA - I received a note from Support yesterday...see below:

Capture.JPG