cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member - Level 1

Late charges - is my manager required to approve the report

I received a notice of a $8.34 late charge.  I created a report and submitted it to my manager for approval however he rejected it questioning if he needs to approve late charges.   Can you confirm if late charges must be submitted for approval?  I attached a copy of the latest statement reflecting the late charges.  Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@001501409 late fees are tricky. It all depends on your company policy. From experience, I can tell you most companies will not reimburse late fees, unless there was some circumstance where it was your company's fault. 

This is what I will say, if you were late in submitting your expenses and that is why the late fee occurred, then you shouldn't be reimbursed for it. To get rid of the late fee charge from your SAP Concur profile, you can add it to a report, but mark it as personal. That way your company will not pay for the late fee. You will then need to send a payment to the card company. 

If the late fee was not your fault because those at your company reviewing your report took too long, then I think you would have a compelling reason to have your company pay for it. 

I hope this helps. I cannot give a concrete answer because I don't know what caused the late fee or what your company policy is on late fees. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.