cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
txw587
Occasional Member - Level 1

Itinerary overlap for Non employee in my account

Hi ,

I am completing an expense report for someone who is not apart of our organization (non-employee travel). I am trying to create a travel itinerary so that I can use per diem for all of their expenses but I when go to enter the travel dates, some are grayed out and I cannot select.  Then when I try to add trip segment rows, I get "Adding this row would cause this itinerary to overlap with another of your itineraries. "  I think the problem is that both me and the non-employee traveled during the same dates (hence the overlap).  However, I submitted my expense report with my itinerary last week and it was approved and paid already.  I am not working in a delegate account because this person is not an employee so I am creating a report for them.  My (old) itinerary is not showing up in the available itineraries list so there is no way for me to delete it.  Is there any way for me to work around this?

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@txw587 I don't believe there is a workaround. The system design is for people to submit expenses that they incurred, so trying to submit travel allowances/per diems for someone else who traveled the same time as you brings up the issue you are encountering. 

I would suggest speaking to your manager about creating a whole new report  and use some other expense type instead of Per Diem/Travel Allowance. Use the Comment field for the entries to explain the situation. You could even use the Comment field on the Report Header. 

I would think that since this person is not an employee, they would not be afforded per diem, so see what your manager thinks. 

My suggestion is just a suggestion, but it really should be given approval by someone at your company.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@txw587 I don't believe there is a workaround. The system design is for people to submit expenses that they incurred, so trying to submit travel allowances/per diems for someone else who traveled the same time as you brings up the issue you are encountering. 

I would suggest speaking to your manager about creating a whole new report  and use some other expense type instead of Per Diem/Travel Allowance. Use the Comment field for the entries to explain the situation. You could even use the Comment field on the Report Header. 

I would think that since this person is not an employee, they would not be afforded per diem, so see what your manager thinks. 

My suggestion is just a suggestion, but it really should be given approval by someone at your company.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
txw587
Occasional Member - Level 1

Thank you for the insights.  I was driving myself crazy trying to figure out why this wouldn't work, lol.  I've since talked to one of our SAP managers and was given the same advice that you gave, change the expense code and put details in the notes.