cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HarishC
Occasional Member - Level 2

Issue with unassigning company card

Every time I unassign a company card, it automatically gets reassigned to the particular employee, it doesn't happen with any other employee in that card program.

Since that program is more of a CBCP we don't process those transactions thru concur and hence we unassign it manually. What could be the resolution for this?

@KevinD I'm expecting some insights from the Concur Community Champ.

1 Solution
Solution
JessicaL
Frequent Member - Level 1

Is there a field, like Employee ID, that matches in your card program site and the Concur site? If so, it could be automatically linking it. So, it would not matter if you unassign it because every time the file comes in, it would relink based on that information. For that, you could (hopefully) change that field on the credit card site - even putting 1 character in front of the matching field would stop it from relinking. Of course, Kevin is the expert 🙂

Best,

Jessica
Travel and Expense System Administrator

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Solution
JessicaL
Frequent Member - Level 1

Is there a field, like Employee ID, that matches in your card program site and the Concur site? If so, it could be automatically linking it. So, it would not matter if you unassign it because every time the file comes in, it would relink based on that information. For that, you could (hopefully) change that field on the credit card site - even putting 1 character in front of the matching field would stop it from relinking. Of course, Kevin is the expert 🙂

Best,

Jessica
Travel and Expense System Administrator
KellyR
Community Manager
Community Manager

Also, just to let everyone know-- Kevin is taking a much deserved vacation at the moment! I'm sure he'll get back to you when he gets back. 😉

Kelly Rigotti
Sr. Director, Digital Marketing
SAP Concur
Munari_alEXPert
Super User
Super User

dear @bharp

The source of the issue you are having is from the setting of that credit card as mentioned also by @JessicaL .

Every credit cards is linked with an Employee ID in order to feed Concur.

Since you can not change the details from the credit card's source (as you are not working at the credit card company), if you are also the Company credit card administrator, contact your account manager or customer service of the credit card company in order to modify the Employee ID number of that card, or in case to have it blanked (if they can), so the card will be always stay unassigned.

Kind Regards

Alessandro Munari
HarishC

Thank you everyone on the solution and I'm confident that the solution would work 🙂

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@HarishC Just want to double-check on what the solution was to this issue? Did you change the employee ID as @JessicaL mentioned? 

Thank you @Munari_alEXPert and @JessicaL for stepping in during my absence. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
HarishC

Yes @KevinD , modifying the employee ID in the card source file seemed to do the trick.

Thanks again 🙂