cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alexwilson
Occasional Member - Level 1

Is it possible to change Attendee External ID?

Hi All,

I'm wondering if it's possible to change the External ID of an Attendee please?  And if so, how, please?

I have the Attendee Administrator role, and I can Activate/Inactivate attendees, and I can change the following fields:

Screenshot 2024-06-04 at 9.28.49 AM.png

But I can't work out how to change the External ID.  Ideally, I'd like to do this in bulk, if possible.

The reason I want to do this, is that someone, somehow, managed to create over a 1,000 attendees with duplicate External IDs. This is causing an issue when we try to maintain these via the Import/Extract Monitor tool.

We are getting tripped up by the second bullet point below becuase there are multiple matching records, and non are active.

If more than one matching record is found
* If only one is active, that record will be updated.
* If more than one is active or none are active, the record will fail to import and be logged as a warning in the error log.

Source: Section 5 - Attendee Import V2 Specification Last Revised: April 19, 2024

Thanks in advance!

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@alexwilson looks like there might need to be some manual work done here, unfortunately.

Thank you,
Kevin
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@alexwilson Does your attendee import file show all of the attendees with duplicate External IDs? Where are you seeing these?

Thank you,
Kevin
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
alexwilson
Occasional Member - Level 1

Hi KevinD,

Thanks for the response!

The file we are importing through Import/Extract Monitor does not have any duplicates.

However, when we look at the Run Details, we see errors:

run details 50.png

If we search for one of these IDs in Attendee Admin we can see the duplicate:

attendee search 50.png

Since there are multiple attendees with the same ID, and zero are active, then it doesn't seem possible to use the Import/Extract Monitor to update the attendee, for example to Activate it again if an employee comes back after extended absence.

I also have a Cognos report that pulls ALL attendees, and with a quick bit of analysis in Excel, I can see that there are about 2,070 duplicated records (1,035 uniques that are doubled up).

Thanks,

Alex

Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@alexwilson looks like there might need to be some manual work done here, unfortunately.

Thank you,
Kevin