cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gillybeans64
Occasional Member - Level 2

Ireland Enhanced reporting requirement of non taxable benefits

Hi 

Does anyone know if Concur is doing anything to  support the  new Enhanced Reporting Requirements for Expense related non taxable benefits  in Ireland, that comes into play from 1/1/2024.

If you have employees in Ireland, how are you dealing  with this, especially working out tracking of the  Small benefit   limit of 2 non taxable   benefits per year  under €1000 ?

Thanks

Gill

17 REPLIES 17
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Gillybeans64 would you mind providing a little more information on what the enhanced requirement is for Ireland, please?

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Crina

Hello Kevin,

I received this notification from the Finance team too, more details can be found here: https://www.revenue.ie/en/employing-people/becoming-an-employer-and-ongoing-obligations/reporting-ja... 

How can we deal with this?

Thank you

Gillybeans64

Thanks Crina, yes that is the best guidance on  the requirement from Irish Revenue.

From an SAP Concur perspective  if you  don't use a SAP ERP system it is  really just a case of  creating some reports and all pretty manual. If you have have a SAP ERP system ( SAP  or SAP S/4HANA) there  is some  expense type configuration required  to use it , but  there will be an Out of box enhanced report in the format needed to load into  the revenue service system ROS

Crina

Hello,

We are using SAP, what Out of box enhanced report is needed? Could you please share more details?

We were thinking of using a Cognos report filtered on Payment confirmed. 

Thank you in advance!

Crina

Crina

Hello @KevinD ,

Do you have any guidance regarding this?

Thank you in advance

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Crina unfortunately I don't since I'm not familiar with Ireland specific reporting requirements. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Medha07
Occasional Member - Level 1

Hi Kevin,

The new Ireland Reporting Requirement affects us too.

I am trying to create a custom report in Query studio.

I added all the fields as mentioned by the SAP Concur support, but we want to track only the configuration change related to Ireland ( corresponding only to a particular entity ). Therefore, when I tried to add the 'Ledger Code' field I am getting a Cross joins error. Is there a way to resolve it?

Thanks,

Medha S

Gillybeans64

I don't have a  report name, it was just in a  something shared by  our Principal solution consultant at Concur, maybe reach out to your  Concur consultant. They are definitely  working on it. 

Concur  Ireland reporting if you are using SAP ERP.png

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Just wanted to let you both know that I'm meeting with someone tomorrow that is in the UK to discuss Ireland's requirements. She will provide me some information and I'll provide it here after I meet with her.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Crina

Hello @KevinD , thank you very much!

Lucie-D
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@Gillybeans64  @Crina Hello!  I spoke with Kevin on Friday. To get ready for the reporting requirement, we recommend submitting a Support ticket. The team will be able to recommend the best approach for your reporting needs based on how you reimburse your employees today.   As part of the project, you'll be invited to review your expense types to ensure they are granular enough  for the purpose of the reporting. 

Regarding the tracking of the small benefit exemption, the report you setup can include the "small benefit exemption" expense type. This will however rely on your employees using the right expense types for those and will be for you to track "manually"...   If you are looking for a better solution to address the tracking of the threshold for each of your employees,  we invite you to consider our solution SAP Concur Benefits Assurance by Blue dot, which helps you  automatically track, report and calculate taxable employee benefits around the globe, no matter what expense types were used by your employees. It is specifically designed to help you keep up with the increasingly complex government regulations and demands.    Please do contact your Account Manager to find out more 🙂

Crina

Hello @Lucie-D ,

Thank you for your email, I submitted a Concur report and their reply was not helpful at all. I already created a report and wanted an advise, it seems that the Intelligence team must receive the requirements from us and they will create the report. Their latest reply is: "Please be aware that the estimate of the hours (cost) of the report is based on provided requirements. All the requests that we currently receive in regards to the Ireland Enhanced Reporting Requirement are handled on case by case basis and we are getting information from the clients in regards to the fields and format needed."

Lucie-D
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Hello  @Crina 

This is correct. There are 3 options:

• Build a custom report yourself with Analysis/Intelligence, which requires Cognos knowledge.  Important:  scheduling is not available for Analysis meaning you would have to manually pull the report every time you're about to make payments to your employees.
  • Purchase a one-off custom report
  • Request a custom report from your current Consultative Intelligence service  

In all 3 options, we require your guidance on on the report requirements to ensure it fits your needs.

I hope that helps, 

Kind regards, 

Lucie

Mass
Occasional Member - Level 3

This impacts us too and we don't use a SAP ERP system.

I created a simple list report to pull the required Expense data out. It needs to be in Excel format so we can look up some additional HR data to enrich the file.

Our issue is that this report cannot be imported into the Revenue site as it must be in .XML or .JSON format.

I think are some conversion tools out there but its just too messy.

I'd like to capture the missing HR data in Concur so that we do not have to perform any transformation. That way we can either run it in .XML format and upload it to revenue, or maybe use API to integrate it.

I'm currently looking at where we can store the missing employee information (PPS number, DOB, and Address) but cannot find anywhere suitable for the address. may need to be a Custom field.

I'm wondering if we can use an API to integrate Concur with our payroll software.

CL_Archgroup

Hello,

We are also impacted by this. It is my understanding that Concur was working on an integration to allow direct reporting. Is anyone using this feature and/or has more information?

Snell
Occasional Member - Level 3

Hi, does Concur provide step by step guidance on this.  I'm trying to promote Concur to a customer and the above doesn't really help too much.  Is there some written guidance and an out of the box free Cognos report the clients can use as part of implementation support ?  Rather than an additional cost ?