cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SJKG
Occasional Member - Level 1

International Receipts

We are required to forward international receipts for VAT reasons.  The Concur notification states to send original receipts; however, in this day of technology, people often prefer email or electronic receipts.  Also, I support travelers who work from home in other states and to forward original receipts via a courier can be costly.  Is it now acceptable to forward electronic snapshots of international receipts vs. original hard copy receipts?

1 REPLY 1
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@SJKG this is a tough question because here in the U.S. a snapshot of a paper receipt is perfectly acceptable as per our IRS standards. I know I have traveled internationally for my job and all my receipts were images attached to the expense. I guess this is a discussion you should have with others at your company, like the head of your Finance and/or Accounting department and possibly the CFO. Every company has different policies on dealing with international receipts, so you likely would get varying answers here on the Community. 

I would be curious to see what other say. I would also recommend posting this in the User Admin Group. To post in that group, you must be a member of it. If you are not yet a member, go to the group and use the link to request to join. You also must have administrative permissions at your company. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.