cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MSteele
Routine Member - Level 2

Internal Server Error when Submitting Report

I had a delegate contact me with a problem she had submitting an expense report.  Every time she clicked Submit, she got the Internal Server Error message.  So, she contacted me as the Administrator.  The user had 5 open expense reports - 3 were able to be submitted with no problems.  Delegate closed out of Concur and got back in - no fix, restarted her computer - no fix, cleaned out her cookie - no fix.  We ended up creating a new report and I did a move all to the new report.  Everything moved over except for the Personal Mileage.  I wasn't able to move or copy this line to the new report.  When I clicked on the Mileage Calculator, all I got was a white pop-up where the map should have been.  I also noticed that on the mail expense line screen, there was an amount listed for reimbursement, but zero listed for total miles.  I'm thinking the Personal Mileage glitched, but am trying to figure out why / how so this can be prevented going forward.  I managed to enter a Personal Mileage line on the new report and submit it for the employee.  We deleted the old report that was causing the problems.

2 REPLIES 2
Brett2
Occasional Member - Level 1

We've had similar issues in the past. I'll mention a few things I looked at:

1.  Business Purpose: we've had issues with a max character limit and prevented saving or recognizing the expense (including mileage calculator). We've since changed that field's requirements to allow it to not exceed the max.

2. Vehicle Configuration in the profile: Some users had a blank configuration set up. As admin, you can go and add a "Default" profile to satisfy the requirement.  This was especially helpful if the user was trying to issue mileage via the mobile app.

But I've had that same instance before where I moved it to a whole new report, no other reason known.

MSteele
Routine Member - Level 2

@Brett2 - Thank you for your suggestions.  I double checked the vehicle configuration and he has this set up properly and the user actually had a one word business purpose.  With all the troubles that have been happening the last year with the mileage calculator, I really think that's the problem.  I can't figure out how the number of miles traveled could be zero, but there was a mileage amount to be reimbursed and when I went to look at the mileage calculator, all I got was a white screen that locked my computer.