cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RichardG
Routine Member - Level 3

Initial thoughts on the new Expense UI.

I'm interested in users thoughts on the new UI Expense release - the pros and cons - no holds barred.

Kind regards
Richard Grigg
Assistant Director, Business Services
Australian Bureau of Statistics
91 REPLIES 91
Jody
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@coryhaas,

My sincere apologies for the delay in responding. Here is what I can offer your list at this time (and do please keep them coming):

1. Drag & drop. We are working on making this available, but it won't be in the initial release (General Availability).

2. Starting an expense report from the receipt library . Yes! This is available now.

3. Mileage calculator. Yes! This is available at the top of the expense pane.

4. Attendees. This is existing functionality that you (the Concur admin) can configure (to automatically add the user as an attendee). If you believe that you've configured it correctly and it's not happening, please submit a support case and we'll get you taken care of.

5. Approver/Reviewer screens. This initial effort is geared toward end users. We are working on designs to update the UI for Approvers.

6. Business Purpose in the app. Thanks for sharing your feedback. We'll pass this along to the mobile team.

We continue to release updates with each month's scheduled product release.

Thank you,
Jody Wilkins
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select Accept as Solution so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
sasha_madfes
Occasional Member - Level 2

I see in the notes that the drag-and-drop receipt feature will NOT be supported in the new UI and you mentioned above that y'all were working to make it available. This is concerning and is the sole reason why we haven't moved over our users yet.

Jody
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

We love drag and drop, too! (Curiously, it didn't get a ton of use according to the data.)

Currently our developers are focused on getting some higher priority items done in anticipation for the cutover date. It is highly unlikely drag and drop will get much attention before then, but I have great confidence that it will be back eventually.

Thank you,
Jody Wilkins
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select Accept as Solution so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
toriehigh
Routine Member - Level 1

Hello Fellow Concur Admins!

I for one am glad to see the end of the icons.  Although I find them useful, and can tell with a glance what is what, it has been incredibly painful to help my users to understand them.  Having actual words will be much easier for them.  I will, however, miss being able to hover over them to see the details.

The improved hotel itemizations are AMAZING.  Unfortunately, it's a bit late, as our users complained so vociferously about it after Concur implementation that management opted to remove the requirement entirely.

A couple of things I do NOT like...

1. The "view receipts in new window" is an incredibly helpful tool for any admin, so the lack of it in the new UI is a problem for me.  I use it all the time, and move the receipt window to my second monitor so that I can view the receipts while looking at expense lines.  Since the window stays open even after you exit the expense report, it makes it so easy to compare receipts on potential duplicate expenses.
  2. Where is the option to add an approver to an expense report, or even see the approval flow?  Due to some oddities with how our HR system imports employee details into Concur, we have many employees who show one manager as their approver, but their actual expense approver is a different manager.  These people have to add the second manager to the flow for every report they submit.  Cumbersome, yes, but until we can get our HR system to play nice, it is the only option for us.

So far, those are the only things I have a real issue with.  I was planning on rolling out the new UI to our company admins next week, but without the mass edit option for expense lines, I think I'll be holding off.

I've seen quite a few comments about this mythical fall release, when many unavailable features will become available.  Can anyone tell me what the date on that will be?

Thanks!

Torie Hightower

REI Concur Ninja

SandraA
Routine Member - Level 2

The revised full availablity date is January.

Sandra Ahola
T-Mobile
Senior Analyst Travel, Card & Expense
US
https://www.linkedin.com/in/sandra-ahola-4704553/
toriehigh
Routine Member - Level 1

Thanks, Sandra!  Where did you find that info?  I've been hunting high and low...

Thanks,

Torie Hightower

coryhaas
Occasional Member - Level 2

@AshleyB do you have an update on when the full availability will be released? We are trying to decide if we want to go live with the new UI on 9/17 or if we should wait until March 2019.

Jody
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@toriehigh, glad to hear you like the improved itemizations! (What can we do to win your people back?!)

Now, as far as your concerns are concerned:

1. Viewing receipts in a new window is coming!

2. Viewing the approval flow is now on the Report Timeline.

Mythical fall release. (I love it - sounds like an album title or an awesome Spotify playlist.) There is a timeline in the Next Generation Expense User Interface FAQ. You can also speak with your Concur account manager.  

Thank you,
Jody Wilkins