cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DawnM
Occasional Member - Level 3

Inform Users of Data Filled By AI

Has anyone run into the problem of errors populating automatically, confusing users? Many expenses are assigned an Expense Type by AI which are often incorrect, but since users assume it was intentional by administrators, they do not question it.

Is there a way to either stop AI altogether, or at least bring attention to the selection made by AI with highlighting of some sort?

10 REPLIES 10
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@DawnM when a corporate card transaction for anything other than air, car or hotel comes into your available expenses, they likely will come in as Undefined. Then the user assigns the appropriate expense type. The system then remembers that expense type and maps it to that vendor for future transactions. So, in a lot of cases the system isn't doing the assigning, it is the individual user you did the initial assigning. 

The only way I've seen expenses get assigned an expense type upon that vendor coming into the user's account for the first time is if the company card admin mapped certain expense types to certain vendors, but from my 13 years of being at SAP Concur, I have rarely seen this.

I don't believe this can be turned off. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
DawnM
Occasional Member - Level 3

@KevinD I can see that Expense Types are being chosen, that the user has not touched the expense report, and we definitely did not assign an expense to the vendor. It happens all the time with certain codes. Our travel and fuel code is consistently populated with gas station purchases, and we have not entered any gas stations into vendor management, because we do not pay them with invoices, which is what vendor management is mostly used for.  

It seems to make its selection based on vendor type.

Thank you for your thoughts,

Dawn McGuire

AP Accountant

chatgptpl
New Member - Level 1

To address the issue of AI-driven automatic population errors in Concur Expense, you can consider implementing a user-friendly solution. One option is to introduce a system-generated notification or visual highlight, like a distinct color or symbol, for fields populated by AI. This would alert users that the entry was automated and encourage them to review and confirm its accuracy, thus reducing confusion and potential errors. Additionally, providing users with the option to override AI-generated selections can offer more control and transparency in expense reporting.

acarron
Occasional Member - Level 2

I'd just like to confirm that our organization has the same problem without a solution. Every users report pre-fills with the expense type of Hospitality and the users assume it's correct and chosen by admin. It would be great to be able to choose to turn this off.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@acarron these are company card transactions that are coming in, is that correct? 

Also, do you have a user I can test this out with in your site? If so, send me their name in a private message please. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
acarron

Hi @KevinD, these are not company card transactions. It happens most often with meal related transactions.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@acarron Hmmm...well the only times the system would automatically select an expense type is:

1. The user has a company credit card and those transactions are importing into the users' profiles

2. Your users are booking travel through Concur Travel

3. Your company has the ExpenseIt feature and are either taking pictures of receipts using our mobile app or emailing copies of receipts to receipts@concur.com

After looking in your site, I know that the first two items I mentioned do not apply, so it must be option three. 🙂

Also, in taking a look at your site, from what I see, this makes sense. Under the Meals and Entertainment expense category, you have three expense types; Board Expenses, Hospitality and Meetings. So, the system is picking the one of those three that best matches the expense receipts coming in for those restaurant vendors. Since you don't have any expense types specifically for meals, it chooses something under Meals and Entertainment. 

You could consider getting Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner added as expense types. Or maybe something more generic like Employee Meals. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
acarron

Thank you for looking into this. We don't have an expense item on our GL for meals because we prefer them to go to a travel related item like Conferences or Travel (Non-Conference). Is there a way to stop the ExpenseIt feature from automatically filling the expense type? If not, I may use the information you provided to change one of the items we do have to a Meal and Entertainment Category but this still can cause the same problem because not all departments budget expense types the same.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@acarron ExpenseIt can be turned off in the mobile app under Settings and on the web by going to Profile Settings>Expense Preferences. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
acarron

Thank you for the help!