cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scoobi
Occasional Member - Level 1

Incorrect amount on available expenses

Hi, I have 3 new transactions all for UPS where the amount shown on the available expenses does not match that shown on the receipt. I really do not know how to start looking at resolving this, can I delete these and add them back in manually? 

1 Solution
Solution
Karthikhemadri
Routine Member - Level 1

@Scoobi this could be because, you would have swiped card twice to pay the total invoice amount. some part at the time of check in and some part at the time of check out or one time 80 and 20 next time. Check if you have another transaction for the difference amount.

end of the story, if you have two transactions in card for one receipt we cannot merge into one.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Scoobi if these transactions are corporate card expenses, then they likely cannot be deleted. 

Is the difference in the amounts a mistake or is there another reason why they don't match? Usually you can still attach a receipt with an incorrect amount and then use the Comment field to explain why there is a discrepancy. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Solution
Karthikhemadri
Routine Member - Level 1

@Scoobi this could be because, you would have swiped card twice to pay the total invoice amount. some part at the time of check in and some part at the time of check out or one time 80 and 20 next time. Check if you have another transaction for the difference amount.

end of the story, if you have two transactions in card for one receipt we cannot merge into one.

jkochi

My available expenses for a hotel does not match the actual receipt with the actual charge for the 3 days I stayed at the hotel. For example, the available expense for the hotel is listed at $275.38, however, the actual cost of the hotel for 3 days was $965.63 (with itemization). How do I handle this?

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jkochi did you pay for this hotel on a corporate credit card? If so, has the corporate card charge uploaded into your available expenses? The Available item for $275.38 could be the itinerary item. Can you provide a screenshot of this item for me please?

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
jkochi

Hello Kevin,

Thank you for the response. Yes, I used the corporate Amex card.  What will be the best way to provide you the screenshot of the documents.

James

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jkochi you can take a screenshot, then copy and paste it right in the body of your reply here. 🙂 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
jkochi

jkochi_1-1668714313655.png

This is the screen shot in Concur

jkochi_2-1668714372718.jpeg

This is the actual receipt from the hotel.  Thank you for your help. I truly appreciate it.

James

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jkochi alright, I did some looking at your past reports. Take a look at the report named: Avoyelles_Strategic Team Meeting. I think you'll find something noteworthy on this report. 

To view your past reports, sign in to SAP Concur and then click Expense at the top of the screen. On the next screen, click the Active Reports link and then choose This Year. 

Let me know what you find on that report. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
jkochi

Thank you so much pointing this out. What will I do with the $275.38 transaction item since this is referring to the Hampton Inn stay with a different amount?

I really appreciate your help.

James