cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jamesfikegmcom
Occasional Member - Level 1

Importing trips to match travel expenses to reservation

First time using Concur.  Received this alert with a travel expense report:

"This expense has no matching travel reservation.  Import trips and apply the booking or use the expense report comments to explain why there was no reservation made for this expense."

The trip was booked through Concur.  Not sure why this alert appears and do not know hotw

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jamesfikegmcom So, with some help we found the issue. Apparently the Policy you are assigned to is not set up to import travel itineraries into Concur Expense. I didn't know this was even a thing. So, here is what you can do:

1. For now, use the Comment field and put a statement about how you did book the trip in Concur. That should get rid of the red exception. You'll have to do this until something gets changed. Keep in mind though, there may be some reason the policy was setup that way. I really can't say what that reason would be and honestly it seems a bit odd to have an audit rule that requires a travel itinerary, but then have the system set up to not bring in an itinerary. 

2. Reach out to your company's site administrator to ask them about the issue and see why it is the way it is or if it may have just been an oversight in when Concur was configured. I don't know who the person is at your company that administers your site, but I would start by reaching out to your direct boss and see if they can help you find out who the person(s) is/are. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
jamesfikegmcom

Do not know how to fix it

Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jamesfikegmcom So, with some help we found the issue. Apparently the Policy you are assigned to is not set up to import travel itineraries into Concur Expense. I didn't know this was even a thing. So, here is what you can do:

1. For now, use the Comment field and put a statement about how you did book the trip in Concur. That should get rid of the red exception. You'll have to do this until something gets changed. Keep in mind though, there may be some reason the policy was setup that way. I really can't say what that reason would be and honestly it seems a bit odd to have an audit rule that requires a travel itinerary, but then have the system set up to not bring in an itinerary. 

2. Reach out to your company's site administrator to ask them about the issue and see why it is the way it is or if it may have just been an oversight in when Concur was configured. I don't know who the person is at your company that administers your site, but I would start by reaching out to your direct boss and see if they can help you find out who the person(s) is/are. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
jamesfikegmcom

Thank you for your help, Kevin!  Sincerely, Jim

@jamesfikegmcom Happy to help.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SH1
New Member - Level 1

Hi Kevin,  I have read many of your solutions, thank you for all!!

Unfortunately this is still a recurring issue I see with many expense reports.  The travel is created in Concur but only one part will show up in available expenses without the error and the other will have the error. "This expense has no matching travel reservation. Please import trips and apply the booking or use the expense report comments to explain why there was no reservation made for this expense."  

This can't be a policy assignment issue if it's pulling in some travel sections and not others.

For instance, if I create a reservation in Concur with flight and hotel, the flight appears on expense report as it should, without error. However, the hotel will have the error message, requiring an explanation.  I don't mind adding an explanation that it WAS in fact created in Concur, but it seems like it shouldn't have the error message to begin with. It implies something was done "wrong," and many users ask me why and how to fix.  Any thoughts?😊

alrigazzi
New Member - Level 1

I agree with @SH1 

When I booked flight AND hotel together, the system cannot see the hotel reservation. Since I can't import trips, it results in an alert which blocks my report. @KevinD any chance this can be escalated to developers? I'm pretty sure there is a problem parsing the composite reservation made through the travel agency.

CoreyRingh

Kevin can you advise where to find information and details on this feature of Concur that can be enabled and what it entails to enable it?  Is this part of TripLink or separate from TripLink? Can the admin enable it or does Concur need to enable it? Any help is appreciated!

Allow Import Bookings

@CoreyRingh this isn't related to TripLink. Unless you have full site access, SAP Concur would need to make all Policy changes.