cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pripley
Occasional Member - Level 2

Imported Amex transaction mapping to Non-reimbursable category

Hi
A user is complaining that every time he imports a Deliveroo transaction from Amex it comes in as a personal expense on his Amex.
Do you know why this might be and how we can change it?

Should Concur 'remember' when a user changes the expense type on transaction from a supplier eg Deliveroo?
Thanks
Paul

9 REPLIES 9
Munari_alEXPert
Super User
Super User

dear @pripley 

please check the last 4 digits of credit card merchant code for "Deliveroo". that code it is most likely mapped to "Personal expenses" category. To have concur automatically allocating a transaction to a specific expense type, which is very useful, there is a need of this mapping, however if done incorrectly, it can cause issues.

Please verify with your Concur support about this Credit Card code mapping, and you will define that you probably need to change the the expense allocation for that code which is used for transaction on "deliveroo". 

Kind Regards

Alessandro Munari
pripley

Hi

You said  - please check the last 4 digits of credit card merchant code for "Deliveroo"

Where are these 4 digits? - The Amex reference number?  Thanks

pripley_0-1644943406893.png

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@pripley I went into your site yesterday and noticed you have corporate cards set up, but I wasn't able to get to the Company Card screen to see if by chance there was mapping done for this vendor. 

When you log in to SAP Concur, do you have Administration available in the upper right corner? If so, mouse over Administration. You should see a little drop down menu. One of the options should say Company. Mouse over this and a sub-menu should appear. In that sub-menu select Tools. You should see some options appear, one of which should say Company Card. Select this. On the Company Card screen, there will be several tabs. One of which says something like Merchant Mapping. This is where you can see what has been mapped.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
pripley

Thanks Kevin.  I dont see anything for suppliers.  I just see for example the below.  How would I know what Merchant Code deliveroo falls under?

pripley_0-1644945041077.png

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@pripley on the Mapping screen, change the field that says Merchant Code to Expense Type. This will list all expense types. Go down to the Non Reimbursable/Personal Expense. Look to the right and see if it says Mapped or Not Mapped. My guess is it will say Not Mapped. Let me know what your says. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
pripley

Thanks Kevin - yes it says not mapped. Not sure what to map it to

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@pripley the mapping usually is only done if every employee at your company we be using that same vendor for the same thing. For example, if you have a certain vendor you would use for catering a company event, then you could map that vendor to the Business Meal expense type. 

I don't know how many of your employees are using this vendor. However, if you want to map it for the person who presented the issue, you would just need to get the merchant code. You might need to contact your card provider to get this vendor's merchant code. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
pripley

Many thanks, I will follow up

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@pripley SAP Concur does "remember" the expense type, but only from the first time a user assigns the expense type to a vendor. So, it might be possible the user selected the Non-reimbursable expense type the first time a transaction came in from Deliveroo. 

The other option is as @Munari_alEXPert mentioned, but to be honest, I doubt someone went in did the mapping. It is possible they did, but in my experience, most people don't even know they can do this. 🙂 

So, if the situation is because the user selected Non-reimbursable the first time a transaction from Deliveroo came in, then they are unfortunately stuck. Now, if someone does go in and does the mapping for that vendor, that would change things.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey