cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
helloab
Occasional Member - Level 1

Import excel file with list of names of attendees for lunch

Good afternoon - does anyone know when importing an excel file, from Concur, listing all the folks from a lunch, what are the options for attendee type?   When I type employee, I receive an error.

Thanks 

9 REPLIES 9
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@helloab The code for employees, if they have a Concur profile, is SYSEMP. Give that a try. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
helloab

Hi Kevin - thank you for the information but SYSEMP entered under 'attendee type' does not work, I still get an error even though all employees have a profile.   Thoughts on a different code?  Says code is invalid.

Thanks

Anne

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@helloab instead of importing employees, did you try searching for them in the Attendees window. The system might not allow the import of employees since they are already in the system. 

Give that a try and see if it lets you add them. I know you are trying to add multiple people at once, but once you have added them once, they will be saved in your recent attendees to then add in bulk on a future report.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
helloab

Okay - the group is listed in recently used if that is what you are referring to.  I'm trying to avoid search and selecting 1 by 1 since I have so many folks.   So basically, does import not work?

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@helloab are you only trying to add fellow employees or are you adding a mix of business guests and employees? 

It might be that the system doesn't allow adding Employees through the import. So, maybe try adding a few business guests using the import to see if it works or not. 

I think you'll find that only Employees won't import in. Let me know what happens. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
helloab

Okay - I'm just trying to import employees.   Is there a way to update this feature to import employees and not just guests?   If not, you should update the screen where you select 'import' and let folks know it is only works for guests.   

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@helloab This is a setting your company hasn't allowed. It is very common. Most companies do not allow adding employees as attendees from the import or manually because the employee record already is in the system. Adding them through import or manually would then create a lot of duplicate attendee records. 

I know the error doesn't tell you the option to add employees through import is not available and it would be nice if the system did mention only Business Guests is available for import. I've been at SAP Concur over 13 years and it has been this way the whole time. I wish I could say the development team would change this, but if it hasn't been changed by now, I don't think they will. Just being honest here. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
helloab

Okay - thank you for the information I really appreciate it. 

Anne

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@helloab Happy to help. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey