cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kzortman
Occasional Member - Level 2

Imaging of Expense report receipts as a pdf tied to the expense report

Hello.  Our law firm uses SurePoint (fka Rippe & Kingston) as our accounting software.  We use Concur for our expense reports.  We have a "bridge" that transmits once a day between SurePoint and Concur.  We have not been successful in importing the expense report images into SurePoint.  If an attorney has one expense report - but 6 expense receipts, I want to have one image tied to that report to import into SurePoint and attached to the vendor (the attorney).  We finally were successful in importing, but it is multiple images (ie - each receipt individually).  Because it is only one report, I need to have one image.  Has anyone been successful in importing Concur expense images into their accounting software? I've been told that you can get it as one image but no one on our Concur tickets can assist with this.

Thanks for your help

-Kimberly

1 Solution
Solution
kzortman

This single pdf image was removed from the Concur platform Nov 2023.  If you had it before then, you still have it.  If trying to get this done now, they will not do this. We started the process in Nov 2023, but the timing is off and so we cannot get this.  There is a workaround, but it does take extra time and your IT department needs to really know what they are doing or they need to work with an outside vendor.  The images can be downloaded as one zip file per report.  But, on our accounting side, we do not know which zip file corresponds to the correct expense report.  I need to open each zip file, remember which attorney had these expenses, combine all images into one pdf using Adobe Acrobat, resave and then drop this new image into my AP imaging site.  Then I have to process the expense report and attach this new image.  Thanks to everyone who helped me with this. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kzortman I can think of two ways to do this, but they might not be the fanciest. 

1. If the receipts are not too large, place them all next to each other and take a picture of them with your mobile phone. 

2. If they can all fit onto a scanner at once, place them on the scanner and scan them all into one file. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
DeanR
Frequent Member - Level 1

@KevinD 

The image delivery extract that Concur provides us each day consolidates all of the receipt images for an expense report into a single PDF.  The file name for the PDF is equal to the Report_ID, enabling us to match them together with the SAE extract when importing to our financial system.

I thought this was a standard Concur process and appears to be exactly what @kzortman is looking for?

Cheers

Dean

kzortman

This is exactly what I am looking for. After 4 months of tickets and moving from team to team, someone finally has a solution! Dean - would please reach out to me at 313-983-6912 so I can ask a few questions?  Maybe even from my IT guy?

Thanks and have a Great Monday!

-Kimberly

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kzortman I found this in our knowledge base:

The Image Delivery Extract (IDE) is an ongoing job/service that will provide a batch of images, which are usually included in the customer's entity. This service is free, but the customer must have the sFTP service enabled as it is the only way we can deliver the images. If the customer does not have SAP Concur sFTP, then a request for a quote should be sent to the customer's Account Manager. Obtaining a Concur sFTP would be a billable project.

The images that are gathered by this job are limited to:

• Receipt Images

• Invoice Images

• eReceipt Images

• W9 Images

Image Delivery will include images from the Expense and Invoice modules in the same extract file.

Extracts will consist of all image files whether submitted by fax, file upload, invoice capture, and even receipts attached using SAP Concur Mobile.

The Imaging Delivery Extract Job runs daily in the Overnight Process (ONP) only and contains receipts for items extracted in the SAE (Expense) and/or Invoice Extract (SPRAE).

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
DeanR

Hi @kzortman 

@KevinD has provided the instructions for Image Delivery Extract through sFTP in his subsequent response.  You should reach out to your Account Manager in the first instance.  I'm surprised that no-one in Concur Support was able to join the dots to this from your tickets.

kzortman

@DeanR and @KevinD - Concur didn't send us the right decryption key (had to speak with someone at Fusion), we keep getting on the wrong ticket for Concur team and getting passed to another team.   We have the correct set up for the exchange of information, but the images are coming over individually and not as one pdf.  GRRRRRR.  I am going to try and see if my IT guy is doing as @DeanR suggests.

kzortman

Thanks.  I've thought of that too.  or opening each image, printing to pdf each receipt and then saving that as one image.  But that is a lot of work to do.  or to do that on the front end, but I can see the LA's doing this - and then all the approvers and then me having to wade through multiple pages to find each receipt for each expense.  

Solution
kzortman

This single pdf image was removed from the Concur platform Nov 2023.  If you had it before then, you still have it.  If trying to get this done now, they will not do this. We started the process in Nov 2023, but the timing is off and so we cannot get this.  There is a workaround, but it does take extra time and your IT department needs to really know what they are doing or they need to work with an outside vendor.  The images can be downloaded as one zip file per report.  But, on our accounting side, we do not know which zip file corresponds to the correct expense report.  I need to open each zip file, remember which attorney had these expenses, combine all images into one pdf using Adobe Acrobat, resave and then drop this new image into my AP imaging site.  Then I have to process the expense report and attach this new image.  Thanks to everyone who helped me with this. 

DeanR

Thanks @kzortman for the update.  I wasn't aware of this change and can't find anything in the Release Notes around that time about it.  This would be a big impact to us if the feature was removed so I can understand your frustration with the process.

Perhaps you could put this in as an improvement request through the Customer Influence portal:
https://influence.sap.com/sap/ino/#/campaign/2678