cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pattie
Occasional Member - Level 1

I need to run a report that shows Employee Activation and Termination dates

Does anyone know how to run this type of report?

8 REPLIES 8
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Pattie you can build this really easily in Cognos. In the Expense>Commonly Used folder select Employee. In the Expense>Lists > Employee Information > Additional Details you'll find Start Date and Termination Date. 

That is all you need to see the start and termination date of all employees. For those that are still active, the termination date will be blank.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Pattie
Occasional Member - Level 1

Looks like I may not have the right access.  I don't have any of what you mention above.

leedau
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@Pattie Thanks for posting in the SAP Concur Community. I see that you don't have the Cognos Professional Author role. You do have the Cognos Business Author Role and you should be able to create a Query in Cognos with the role assigned. 

1. Go to Reporting > Intelligence/Analysis
  2. At the bottom left corner of the page, click New then click Other
  3. Click Query Studio > Concur Data Warehouse
  4. From there follow Kevin's steps (Expense>Commonly Used folder select Employee. In the Expense>Lists > Employee Information > Additional Details you'll find Start Date and Termination Date. )

I hope this helps!

Thank you,
Lee-Anne Dautovic
SAP Concur Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
NancyManchester
Occasional Member - Level 2

Hello! I have this same request and am not sure that I have access or more importantly the knowledge on how to obtain the information as suggested in a quick query or report. I am new to the product and greatly appreciate the help!

Nancy

@NancyManchester hello there. I would highly recommend signing up for one of our Cognos Reporting free webinars to learn the basics of the reporting tool. You can't be the price and it is really helpful information.

Here is a link to our Reporting resources and a list of upcoming classes: https://www.concurtraining.com/cnqr/cognos-11-registration.

You'll want to register for the January 9th class.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
NancyManchester

HI Kevin. I have signed up for the Jan 9th class, thank you. Which access should I check that I have prior to this session?? I have tried the previous suggestions here and I appear to be missing some access. I see a Query Studio class as well, would you recommend that as well?

Thank you!

NancyManchester

Hi Kevin, A quick question as to the best resource to learn about the different reporting and query options available in Concur and how to get access to them all so I sign up for the right ones? I am very familiar with SAP ECC 6.0 and I am an avid table user for data analysis via SE16n. I am looking for something like that. thanks!

@NancyManchester I recommend getting the Professional Author role added to your SAP Concur profile as that gives full reporting access.

I don't believe you would need the Query Studio class as that tool should be covered in the Jan. 9th class.

All of our resources are on the page where you registered for the class.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey