cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ethan2023
Occasional Member - Level 3

I created an expense report with GST/HST as the only expense type. GST/HST is missing.

I created an expense report with GST/HST as the only expense type. However, I cannot find the GST/HST expense type in the drop down list when choosing the expense type.

Does anyone know is that feasible to add only the GST/HST as the expense type in an expense type?

4 REPLIES 4
rohanpatil
Super User
Super User

Hi @Ethan2023 ,

The question is a bit confusing. However, I will give it a go.

You have spend money on GST/ HST. You created an expense report to record this expense. You are unable to find an expense type called GST/ HST.

The names of expense types are company specific. If you cannot find an expense type called GST/ HST, perhaps there is one called tax payments/ government fees/ Fees and Taxes/ Other payments/ Miscellaneous. Typically the company will have training material that outlines which expense type to use when. Expenses like GST/ HST would not be common and hence may not get a dedicated expense type.

I would turn to the internal helpdesk for guidance in case something relevant is not available. Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Rohan

Ethan2023

Hi Rohan,

My question is a little confusing because I was confused by my implementation advisor with regards to the GST/HST. 

But you clarified my concern. Your explanation is helpful.

Thanks!!

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Ethan2023 usually GST/HST is available when itemizing a hotel or only shows after you have entered an amount for an expense. For example, Individual Meal. I enter my total then use the Calculate Tax link to have the system figure the amount of the GST. However, the GST field doesn't appear until after clicking Calculate Tax. The reason you don't see GST/HST as an expense type selection, is because these taxes are part of a purchase and not something you purchase as a stand alone.

Does this make sense? I also put a screenshot below. 🙂

KevinD_0-1691703060824.png

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Ethan2023

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for clarifying that problem. It helps a lot.