cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EricJacobs
Occasional Member - Level 1

How to submit expense when a hotel rate changed during the same stay.

I'm trying to do an expense report - had a 2 night stay at a hotel and the room rate changed.  Rate for first night was $195.00 w/ $33.94 in tax, and second night was $212.00 with $36.89 in tax.  Tried to just put in the average of the two but ends of being $.01 off for the total so won't let me submit as Concur requires it matches exactly.  Is there a way to alter the rate for the same hotel stay, or how should I process this?  Thanks in advance for your help.

2 REPLIES 2
TravelingTech37
Occasional Member - Level 2

This happens to me regularly, I have to manually go into the expense and change the other nights that are not the same. This is tedious but I am unaware of how to change this when the nights are different rates.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@EricJacobs for this situation, just enter one of the room rates and taxes. When you save the system creates itemizations for each night. Just click on the entry where the rate was changed and update the amount field. If the tax for the room has its own itemization entry, then do the same thing for the tax.

In October, your company will be moved to our new user interface where you will be provided an option that asks if you had different room rates during your stay. Then you will be shown a room rate field for each night of your stay where you can enter in the different rates, then save. It will speed up the process a bit. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.