cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AGh
Occasional Member - Level 1

How to submit an itemization when the expense amount is incorrect?

getting this error: " The itemization amounts do not add up to the expense amount."

my explanation:   I am unable to itemize the amount to add up to the expense amount as the expense amount is incorrect.

3 REPLIES 3
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@AGh hello there. Regardless of the amount being incorrect, it was what was charged to your company card. The amount total for that transaction cannot be changed. I was trying to read the receipt attached, but it is too small and blurry when I tried to zoom in. Anyway, if you were overcharged, then you need to enter the amount of the overcharge as an itemization. You must account for the total charge that was incurred on your company card. I would mark the overcharge as personal to ensure over payment isn't made. So, you'll need to add one more itemization in the amount of $61.87. You could choose Cellular Phone as the expense type. I've highlighted the Personal Expense checkbox below for your reference.

KevinD_0-1725919303181.png

Thank you,
Kevin
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
AGh
Occasional Member - Level 1

Thanks for the response @KevinD. So does that mean I have to Pay out of pocket the overcharge which should not have been charged to begin with?

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@AGh you shouldn't have to since the mobile carrier made a mistake. Just keep on your mobile carrier to get you the refund. Make sure to tell them the overcharge was on a company credit card and they need to make the refund back to the card and not put it as a credit on your mobile bill. Otherwise, you will have an outstanding balance on your company card statement.

Thank you,
Kevin
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.