cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aks
Occasional Member - Level 1

How to set REQUESTED < AMOUNT

How do I request an amount that is lower than the actual spend?

My organization has a maximum limit for a certain expense type, say USD 1000. However, I am allowed to purchase a higher cost item (say USD 1150) and claim USD 1000. In Concur, the amount I enter for any new expense is always the same as 'requested'. Is it not possible to specify the requested amount separately?

1 REPLY 1
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@aks you ask a great question. This will depend on how you are paying for your expenses. 

If you are using a corporate card to pay for expenses, this can be a little tricky, but not difficult. Corporate card amounts that have come into SAP Concur cannot be edited. You will see the Amount field grayed out. If this is your situation, what you will need to do is itemize the expense. For example, I purchase a new laptop for 1200, but I can only expense 1000. I will open up that line item on my expense report. In the lower right-hand corner you'll see some buttons. One of which says Itemize. Click this button. You will see a dropdown for Expense Type, choose the appropriate expense type. In the Amount field, enter the amount you are allowed to expense. In my scenario, 1000. Fill out all other fields as needed. Click Save. You will see in red the remaining amount. Click the Expense Type drop down again to choose the appropriate expense type for the 200. This will depend on whether your company has an expense type named Personal. If not, then use Miscellaneous or just use the same expense type you did for the 1000 itemization. Fill out all fields as needed. Now, you will see a little checkbox labeled Personal Expense (do not reimburse). Check this box. This ensures that the requested amount is only 1000 and the remaining 200 is personal and therefore not requested. 

Now, if you are paying for your expenses on your own personal credit card (or out of pocket), then you just enter the amount you are allowed to reimburse. Since the Amount field is not pre-populating from a corporate credit card, you can enter whatever amount you need. 

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.