cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tbrock123
Occasional Member - Level 1

How to schedule a report to run quarterly

Hello, is there a way to schedule a report to run on a quarterly basis. 

7 REPLIES 7
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@tbrock123 give this little video a watch and let me know if it answers your question. 

Link to video: https://assets.concur.com/concurtraining/cte/en-us/cte_en-us_rpt_reporting_schedule_report_time_zone...

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
tbrock123

Thanks Kevin for your reply.  

I have the report ready to schedule, and output will be delivered however, i only need the report to run on a quarterly basis. For example, i need the report to run on Apr 1st and return Q1's data.  The report design is fine, but not sure how to schedule it for quarterly run.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@tbrock123 refer to my provided screenshot below my response for the schedule.

Question for you, when the report runs the second time (on July 1st) do you want only data from 2nd quarter or do you want it to aggregrate both quarters? I'm asking because if you want it to only show data for one quarter at a time, you will have to either set a pre-defined filter on your report for Last Quarter or create four reports (one for each quarter) and create a filter on the report to only include data for that quarter's date range. 

Let me know which option you prefer. If it were me, I would build one report and apply the Last Quarter pre-defined filter. That way when you run the report on the first day of each new quarter, it will only return data from the previous quarter. I would recommend using the Sent for Payment Date as the basis for your Last Quarter filter. 

Let me know if you need help with applying the Last Quarter filter. 

Quarterly_Schedule.jpg

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
tbrock123

Thanks Kevin for the additional information. 

Yes, i've got the Last Quarter filter in my query, and only want to return the previous quarter.  So when i schedule it to run the first month of each quarter, it should only return the previous quarter data.

Hopefully just one more question, if i use start date Jan 14, 2021 .. and use the below to run 1st day of 4th month.. is the report going to run April 1st, or May 1st?  Wondering if January will be counted as a month.

Schedule screen grab.jpg

Thanks again for your help and guidance.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@tbrock123 Hmmm, that is a good question. I would think it would still run on April 1st, although I have never tested this exact scenario. You can always change the start date to Jan. 1st, too. 

Also, since April and May are in the same quarter, you would still get the correct data since April and May are in the same quarter. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
tbrock123

Thanks Kevin, I greatly appreicate your assistance.  I'll change my start date to Jan 1st, and see what i get on April 1st.

Thanks again

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@tbrock123 Happy to help. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey