cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MsMae
Occasional Member - Level 2

How to recall an expense report from pending payment

An employee submitted an expense report yesterday and it was approved yesterday. It is now in the Pending payment status , but i need to recall that report before payment is released. I am the administrator for concur and hopefully I can catch it in time.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ms.Mae

3 REPLIES 3
Andrew_WatersCo
Occasional Member - Level 1

Hi Ms Mae,

I presume you've already tried going into the report from the processor queue (Expense>Processor>Process Reports) to recall it? If the report has been sent for payment, we're not able to recall it. We've had similar issues when employees should not have claimed something but it's not caught in time; I can share some of our workarounds. It will depend on how your site is configured, how the reports are reaching with your ERP system and being paid. I'll list three possible scenarios:

If you are paying employees and their credit cards using the Concur ExpensePay program and this report has not yet been paid yet: You cannot pull the report back, but you can prevent it from being paid. You'll need to use the payment manager within Admin>Company>Tools to ensure the report does not get added to any of your upcoming payment batches.

If you are using SAP and have the ICS connector, then the report may have already posted to your system, and you'd need to enter some sort of manual GL entry to reverse it and prevent it from showing up on a payment run. For cash items, we've also had success entering a subsequent report with a negative amount in order to cancel out the first. 

If you are utilizing the standard accounting extract (SAE) files to post to your ERP system, how often are the SAE files being generated and downloaded? If you have not yet then you can still modify the SAE file manually. When opening it up in excel, it's possible to identify the rows which correspond with the expense report in question and make changes. Just make sure you have appropriate documentation / signoff for any future audits so it can be explained why the numbers in Concur didn't match the amounts received from the SAE files.

Hope this helps,

Andrew Ballantyne

MsMae

This is all that I see under my expense tab

MsMae_1-1721769104384.png

MsMae

I was able to fix it in time. I realized that i was looking under the incorrect Expense tab. Thank you so much for your help.