cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
saxon
Occasional Member - Level 1

How to properly expense a claim

I need to expense my managers camper use.  Instead of a hotel he stayed at a camping ground for two months and 13 days.  Should I submit one bill for the total month or itemize it by  month? Would this be considered a misc. expense?

7 REPLIES 7
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@saxon this may be a question you pose to your Finance team to see what they say. We have so many different members from different industries here, you might end up getting several varying answers. 

Personally, I would consider it lodging, but there probably won't be much in the way of itemizing. 

Let's see what others think. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
saxon

Thanks Kevin, that was my thought process too.  I will reach out to finance.

Lisa

Vizag123
Occasional Member - Level 3

Hi Saxon/Kevin,

What if Miscellaneous Expense Type is having limit validation rule on dollar amounts,

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Vizag123 that's a good point, but I wouldn't recommend using the Miscellaneous expense type in this situation. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
saxon

The system is allowing me to itemize as a hotel, now I'm off by .03 cents??? Let me do the SAP training.

If you itemized, change one of the line items by the $.03 and save.  This works when conversions cause an issue with itemization.

Nancy Murray
Agfa
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@saxon did you get this figured out? If you enter a hotel expense and itemization is required, what I would do is enter it as a one night stay and then put in the total. This is an unusual circumstance since it really isn't a hotel stay. That way you don't have to break it down on a day by day basis. You probably would want to use the Comments field to explain what you are doing. You might also ask the Finance team if they will allow you to do it this way. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey