cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Johnny_truong
Occasional Member - Level 1

How to link number of attendees to amount limit of certain expense ?

Hi All, 

On our company expense policy, we allow ""Meal with Client - Entertainment" is $ 50/person, and this is set up in SAP Concur with this expense for $50 (please note: there is no option to select per person). If more than that, a warning message will pop up. The issue is, when an employee have a meal with another client, amount often more than $50 (such as $80) together, which mean $40 each. They submit a claim with 2 attendees ( 1 employee + 1 guess) but the warning message still pop up. Is there anyone know how to fix the issue ? (providing that we dont need to change the limit of $50). Thank you very much

5 REPLIES 5
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Johnny_truong just so I am clear. Your company policy states/allows $50 per person. So, if I had took 9 people out to dinner or an event and the total cost was $500, which is $50 per person, I would be within company policy? 

I did find an audit rule with conditions that looks at the average cost per attendee and can flag the entry if the average cost is above a specified amount. That is the closest you can get to the rule looking at the attendee amount. I've provided a screenshot below. Of course the expense type and amount used in my screenshot would need to be change.

KevinD_1-1670527647925.png

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Johnny_truong

Hi @KevinD , Yes your assumption of $500 above is correct, it is still within company policy. Can you please details me how can I navigate to your screen short (as an administrator of my company Concur account in Australia ) ? Thank you very much.

@Johnny_truong my screenshot is taken from the Audit Rules screen. 

Administration>Expense>Audit Rules

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Johnny_truong

Hi @KevinD , I dont think I have that Audit Rules function. All I have is Administration => Expense Setting and Company.

any neither of them have Audit Rules. How can I enable or add it on please ? Thank you very much

@Johnny_truong when you see Expense Settings under Administration that means the site is on our Standard Configuration which does not have the Audit Rules option turned on. You need to submit a help ticket to SAP Concur to have them turn on the Audit Rules option.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey