cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
YSar
Occasional Member - Level 1

How to import a custom list in Cognos Reporting

l would like to have a step by step guide on how to import a custom list in Cognos reporting 

If Anyone has any documentation would be highly appreciated 

12 REPLIES 12
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@YSar Custom lists do not get imported into Cognos. You can import a custom list into List Management and then run a report in Cognos to show all the items in this list. Is this what you are referring to or something else?

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
YSar

Hello Kevin D 

What I would like to achieve is to import a list of  specific countries and emails , and then to use this for custom bursting. I am under the impression that maybe i need to ask concur to make this upload for me , is there such a option?

Many thanks

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@YSar so you want to burst out a list of countries and emails? Who do you want to burst these out to? I'm trying to see if what you need is something I can help with as far as bursting. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
YSar

So please see the example below, this is the list of receivers, but this list I cannot create within the concur Cognos environment so I am wondering how I would import it

Countryemail
BETG@GMAIL1
BETG2@GAMAIL
FRTG3@GMAIL
FRTG4@GMAIL

NZTG100@GMAIL.COM

Many Thanks 

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@YSar Are you going to burst to individuals? I believe you can only burst to email addresses that are tied to an SAP Concur profile. Also, what data are you wanting to burst? 

The built-in bursting for Cognos is based off of default approvers or I should say anyone with the Can Approve permission selected on their profile. Are the people you want to burst to approvers? Can you explain a bit further what it is you are trying to accomplish by bursting, please?

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
YSar

I am trying to burst to specific individuals within our organization, not approvers , not BI managers

I believe what I try to do is called custom bursting , and somehow i need to import this list

J-Kap
Occasional Member - Level 3

Hello,

I have just made a similar query on another thread. We have a project manager who requires 2 reports to be sent to him on a daily basis. He is not a default approver in Concur but he has a Concur user profile. Could you please give instructions on how to burst a report to a specific person on a daily basis?

Much appreciated

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@J-Kap Hello there. Bursting is not needed when bursting to an individual. You just have to make sure you build the report so it only contains data the PM should be seeing. Then once the report is built, you set it on a schedule to run every day. Part of running a report on a schedule it allows you to send it to certain individuals. 

Here is a demo of how to schedule a report: https://assets.concur.com/concurtraining/cte/en-us/cte_en-us_rpt_reporting_schedule_report_time_zone...

It also covers changing time zones, but just ignore that part of the demo. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
J-Kap

Hi Kevin, this worked perfectly! Thanks once again for your help.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@J-Kap Not sure if you remember the show the A-Team...but on that show whenever something worked, one of the characters would say, "I love it when a plan comes together". 🙂 Glad it worked out of you. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
J-Kap

I used to watch that show as a kid! Love that catch phrase. Thanks so much!!

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@J-Kap Whew! Not sure if you would know it or not. Glad I could help you out. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey