Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jyotesh519
Super User
Super User

How to enable Dual currency in SAP Concur Expense

Hi All,

Could you please suggest me with the process of enabling dual curreny system in Concur Expense. 

Our current SAP expense management system is enabled with Dual currency for few middle east and latin American markets. We call it is Ghost Markets or branch Markets.

For example there few middle east markets like (UAE, Oman, Bahrain,Kuwait, Qatar) which are grouped under single market UAE. In this case employees from all the 5 merkets are hired under(UAE) company code only. But while submitting expense reports employees have a option to claim their out of pocket expenese with their local currencies like (AED, OMR,BHD,KWD,QAR) even though the company code currency is AED, they will have an option to change their currencies to local while submitting the expense report and they will be paid in their local currencies only.

AE – United Arab Emirates (Gulf)

•             BH – Bahrain
  •             KW – Kuwait
  •             QA – Qatar
  •             OM – Oman

This applies only for the Out of Pocket expenses. For Coorprate card's the default currency will be AED which is company code currency.

Could someone update how this scenario can be configured in Concur Expense system. 

Please let me know for more details about the secnario.

Regards,

Jyotesh

8 REPLIES 8
Munari_alEXPert
Super User
Super User

Dear Jytesh,

Are the payment of the expenses done automatically by the system via e.g. Concur pay, or there is a manual tranfer from Concur to ERP payment system?

If your company already is doing a manual tranfer, under Company Administration, User administration, you can set up employees to be reimbursed in any currency you wanted as far as the payment is done manually as Concur pay supports only main currencies (USD, EUR, GBP, CAD).

Please vefiry also with your Concur account sales manager.

Kind Regards

Alessandro Munari

@Munari_alEXPert Payments are though SAP ECC system. Please advice if this requirement can be achivable.

Dear Jyotesh,

I am not familiar with SAP ECC system. I am not sure if here in this platform you could find directly the answer needed, as I see a matter between Concur implementation (so Concur Account Manager) and your company IS department.

I include one of the people from the Concur team who she might be able to address to the right channel/person.

@KellyR   @KevinD 

Would you have any other suggestion for jyotesh question?

Kind Regards

Alessandro Munari
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jyotesh519 hello there. So, unless I'm missing something, couldn't you just assign the appropriate currency to the user in their profile? 

For example, Employee A lives in Qatar. I should be able to select this employee's default currency as QAR. That way if they use the corporate card, the amounts that feed into Concur will convert to QAR for that employee. As long as you have added (activated) all the different currencies for the countries you listed, you should be able to assign those currencies to users in their profile. 

Have you considered this? 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

@KevinD Thanks for the response.

Here the scenario is bit tricky. Employee will be submitting out of pocket expenses in local currency (For example in our case QAR for Qatar). But all the corporate card expenses should be claimed under AED currency which is the actual company code currency. As all the Qatar employees will be hired under "United Arab Emirates(UAE)" in our system, they would have an option to claim their Out of Pocket expenses in their local currency(For example in our case QAR).

• All the Out of Pocket expenses will be paid in local currency(Lets say QAR for Qatar).
  • All the corporate card expenses will be paid in AED, as the will be hold card with currency AED.

Could you please suggest further on this case.

Regards,

Jyotesh

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jyotesh519 what is the name of your company? I'd like to go in and test something. 

If an employee living in Qatar is assigned AED on their profile as their currency, then even when they create an out of pocket expense, they can choose QAR as the currency, but they will also see the amount of the expense as converted into AED. 

So, if the system converts every amount back into AED, the payment batches are going to be set to calculate totals to AED. 

Let's take myself for an example. I am setup in Concur with a default currency as USD. When I travel outside the U.S. and make a purchase using local currency, I do choose the local currency on my expense report. The system shows me the conversion rate of that currency to my default currency of USD. So, when I'm reimbursed for the expense, it is in the amount of USD, not the foreign currency. 

I'll need to ask around to see if what you are asking is possible, but I don't believe it is because an employee can only have one default currency assigned to them and that is what Concur uses as the basis of their reimbursements. I'd still like to look at your site and do a test, so please send me your full company name. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jyotesh519 so I spoke with a colleague and she confirmed that the system always goes by the currency assigned to the user in their profile. You cannot have one currency assigned for out of pocket expenses and another assigned for Corporate Card charges. The system does not allow for it because it would cause some serious issues in your financial integration. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey

@jyotesh519 Dear user,

I thought that the answer could be that explained already well by Kevin.

My suggestion to limit this challange, would be to set up the employee with the currency of the credit card, so AED in this case, and every month/quarter an additional expense allowed to the employeet as Forex exchange charges/fees to calculate on the total amount of cash transactions. It should be very limited since i have just checked that in the last 3 years the exchange rate between the 2 currencies is fixed.

Kind Regards

Alessandro Munari