cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sluong
Occasional Member - Level 2

How to download profiles that have delegates

Hi team,

I would like to review all the Concur profiles for the expense modules that have delegates. Is there an existing a report in intelligence that I can run or how do I create one?

Thanks,

Sindy

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MSTEEN do you know how to share a report with someone outside your organization? That way they can take what you built in Cognos and open it in their instance of Cognos without having to rebuild the report. Let me know if you need the steps. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
abhijit
Occasional Member - Level 3

Hi Sindy,

I do not think there is any report available in intelligence for the same.

I checked in reporting there are options to design a report to see if the reports are created or approved by a delegate but don't see any option to see if the employee has a delegate.

I would suggest, raise a ticket with Concur support for confirmation.

Munari_alEXPert
Super User
Super User

dear Sindy @sluong 

@abhijit  is correct, as you may pull a report showing if an expense report has been submitted or created by a delegate. There is also another report showing all the permissions users have, but don't recall if employees have delagates.

Maybe, would it be possible to know exactly what would be your main reason for this list? As maybe there is a work around.

thank you

Kind Regards

Alessandro Munari
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@sluong hello there. I need to jump in here and let you know that in Cognos reporting you can build a report to show a user and who there delegate is. 

If you start a new Query/Report in either Query or Report Studio, here is what you do:

1. Expand Expense in the Data Warehouse

2. Scroll down until you see a folder named Lists

3. Expand Lists

4. The first sub-folder under Lists is Employee Information, expand this folder.

5. Under Employee Information, add Employee Name to your Query.

6. Scroll down until you see a folder labeled Delegate Details. 

7. Expand Delegate Details.

8. The first item under Delegate Details is Delegate Name. Add this to your report. 

This should show the employees who have delegates. Keep in mind that if the employee doesn't have a delegate, the Delegate Name field in your Query will be blank. So, what you can do is add the data items Can Prepare and Can Submit which are also under Delegate Details. Create a filter on Can Prepare and tell the filter to Show Only "Yes" and "No". The drop down list of options for Can Prepare will be quite long, but just choose Yes and No from this list. 

I'm working off the assumption you are familiar with building Queries/Reports in Cognos. 

@Munari_alEXPert and @abhijit I had to jump in here and make sure that @sluong was given the correct information on delegates so they wouldn't submit a ticket for something they can do themselves. 🙂

This should get you started on what you are looking for. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
abhijit
Occasional Member - Level 3

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the information!

It works 🙂

sluong

Hi Kevin,

Thank you so much for this information. 

I am trying to follow your instructions below but the report comes back blank so I think I am missing something in the process. 

I am new to Concur, in the last few months I have been working on it but I have not built a report in Cognos. It would be super useful to know how to do it so I can pull out data to check that profiles are up to date and to do some analysis on invoices/exception rules etc.

In this particular case, I just want to download a report that shows if a profile has a delegate access just to check that it is correct without having to go into each individual profile in administration. Is there any webinar training online that you could recommend for me to watch so I know the basics of building a report in Concur?

Thank you so much for your help.

Regards,

Sindy

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@sluong I'll do you one better. How about attending a free class? Yes, I said Free. This class will show you the basics on using Cognos reporting. If you would like to register for the class, go here: https://sap-se.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJYudOiuqzoiHtaAl3EbzS4quKm0cGc0RCsS 

This session is specific to the APA region. Let me know if you have questions. This class will take place starting April 20th. It is a 3 day class with 90 minutes of instruction each day.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
MSTEEN
Super User
Super User

Hello sluong!

I have a custom report similar to the one stated by Kevin.  I would be happy to share with you. send me a private message to connect later with you.   I assume you have report writing permissions. 

Regards,

Maria Steen
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MSTEEN do you know how to share a report with someone outside your organization? That way they can take what you built in Cognos and open it in their instance of Cognos without having to rebuild the report. Let me know if you need the steps. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
MSTEEN
Super User
Super User

Yes, please send me the steps to share the report.

Thanks!

Maria

Maria Steen
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MSTEEN Open the report in Report Studio. You should see a little window appear that asks if you want to allow access to your clipboard. Click Yes. Once the report is open, above the toolbar icons, click Tools. From the drop down menu, select Copy Report to Clipboard. 

Next, open a new blank Word document. 

Once the Word doc opens, paste the contents from the clipboard. You'll see all the code. 

Share this Word document with whomever needs it. They can then copy the contents of the Word doc and use the option in Report Studio under Tools to Open Report from Clipboard. This will open the report. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
sluong

Thanks @KevinD . I have signed up to those classes already.